Table of Contents
Shifting Shade is a Priest-only minion. This card can be obtained from Whispers of the Old Gods packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Shifting Shade is a strong card for Priest and is a dramatic improvement over Thoughtsteal in most scenarios. The issue with Thoughtsteal is that it was a card that spent Mana on doing nothing against Aggro decks. Shifting Shade offers much the same benefit in Control matchups while still being a body that you can play out to contest the board against faster decks.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Shifting Shade is a strong consideration for any Control Priest deck, but especially for those that are running N'Zoth, the Corruptor as their eventual win condition.
In Arena, Shifting Shade is a reasonable card, similar in stature to cards such as Tomb Spider which can allow you to stay high on resources while fighting for the board.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???