Dreadsteed — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Dreadsteed is a Warlock-only minion. This card was introduced with The Grand Tournament and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Dreadsteed is a card that may look like poor value on the surface, but it represents consistent long term value over a game that lasts many turns. Gaining an extra 1/1 of value every turn after your additional investment can be quite beneficial in a slower deck. However, Dreadsteed is also able to be abused by opposing cards such as Grim Patron or Acolyte of Pain that can use it to repeatedly activate beneficial effects. It should also be noted that any Demon buff effects that are used on this card, such as Demonfire, are not retained once the Deathrattle activates. With the release of the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion, the Deathrattle effect of Dreadsteed was changed from resummoning the card immediately to the end of the current turn.
In Constructed, Dreadsteed can be a useful tool in a very slow, controlling Warlock deck, or in a heavy Control meta. For the post part, it should only be used in a deck that is built specifically to take advantage of having a constant board presence.
Dreadsteed is no longer available in Arena.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck