Malygos Hunter Deck List Guide (Rise of Shadows April 2019)
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Malygos Hunter in The Rise of Shadows expansion.
Malygos Hunter is a spell-based deck that aims to use the many Hunter damage spells in combination with Malygos to burst down opponents. The archetype hinges on Jepetto Joybuzz being able to copy Malygos to enable its powerful combos.
1. Malygos Hunter Card List
This Malygos Hunter deck costs 9,580 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Malygos Hunter Mana Curve
3. Malygos Hunter Mulligan Guide
Malygos Hunter is a late-game combo deck. As the combo itself is fairly consistent to pull off, your mulligan should focus on finding removal to ensure you reach the late game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Animal Companion, Bomb Toss.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Explosive Trap, Wing Blast.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Master's Call.
4. Malygos Hunter Strategy
Your main aim with Malygos Hunter is to survive until the late game. As the deck consists almost entirely of removal spells, you should use them to remove opposing minions 1-for-1 to stay on top of the board. Once you reach the late game, your aim should be to use Jepetto Joybuzz to draw a 1-Mana copy of Malygos, which can then be used in combination with the spells in the deck to burst down your opponent. To ensure you can pull off the combo, Master's Call can be unconventionally used to Discover a copy of Jepetto Joybuzz if needed to ensure you can play it on turn 8 as needed. If for whatever reason you fail to pull off the deck's combo, you can use Vereesa Windrunner, Alexstrasza, and Zul'jin to engage in a scrappy game to burn down your opponent.
Against Aggro, your main aim should be to keep the board clear throughout the game. If you manage to keep the board under control, you can often win through the small number of minions summon by Animal Companion and Unleash the Beast and occasionally curving into Zul'jin.
Against Control, you should play very conservatively to build up the biggest combo possible. The minimal pressure your opponent puts onto the board will allow you to save most of your cards for the late game. However, if you must use removal, use your more expensive spells like Baited Arrow and Marked Shot, even if it is inefficient. This will allow you to save the maximum number of cheap spells, like Rapid Fire and Arcane Shot, to maximise your burst damage when you finally play Malygos.
5. Malygos Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Unleash the Hounds for 1x Hunter's Mark.
- Against Control — Add 2x Flare, for 1x Wing Blast, 1x Explosive Trap.
- 09 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- 10 New Decks to Try in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage
- Basic Druid Deck
- Lackey Rogue