Big Beast Hunter Deck - Fractured in Alterac Valleys
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Big Beast Hunter in The Fractured in Alterac Valley expansion meta.
Big Beast Hunter is a slower Hunter deck that aims to slow down the game with Secrets before unleashing a barrage of high-Cost Beasts upon opponents to dominate them in the late game. The deck largely utilises the power ofand to summon large numbers of Beasts without having to pay their Mana Costs, in order to overwhelm opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Big Beast Hunter Deck Mulligan Guide
Big Beast Hunter has no early game tempo to speak of. To account for this, it is important to look for early spells and weapons in order to safely make it towards the late game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Tracking. , , ,
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Big Beast Hunter Deck Strategy
Throughout the early game, your aim is to simply survive. You can make use of early cards like Explosive Trap and to help remove any minions your opponent may have. If you have Mana to spare, you can use Tracking to help look for cards you anticipate needing in the future like and .
Going into the mid game, your first priority should be to playif possible as the Mana discounts alone are invaluable and will often provide enough tempo to simply win the game. Failing that, you can begin playing out some of your cheaper minions Beasts like and and begin curving out with your more expensive Beasts.
As you head into the late game, you can begin looking for opportunities to useand if you have them available and begin to adjust your play accordingly:
- If you have King Krush, should be used to remove enemy minions in order to chain the Battlecry effects and summon as many Beasts as possible to maximise the resultant pressure. in hand, you can begin to play more passively, ideally allowing your opponent to populate the board with multiple minions. Once their board starts to become threatening, or you risk forcing them to trade off minions, you can deploy Wing Commander Ichman to begin populating your board. Any Beasts summoned, even
- Conversely, if you have in hand, you can fully commit to being the aggressor yourself, providing you have at least 2 Beasts in hand for it to summon. Generally speaking, this is best if you wish to make a push to win the game as you will end up low on resources if your opponent is able to safely clear your board.
Against Aggro, you should try to minimise the early damage you take as you do not have access to healing, making liberal use of your Secrets, even if that means using Freezing Trap on a 1-Cost minion. Once you begin getting your Beasts into play, you can swing the board in your favour to stabilise and begin to close out the game.
Against Control, you should be cautious about how much you commit to the board. Generally speaking, you should avoid having more than 3 of your Beasts in play at once if your opponent has access to numerous board clears to avoid running the risk of running out of minions. When choosing targets for your King Krush and are prefered to ensure they can grant value before being targeted by removal., minions that have a guaranteed effect like
Big Beast Hunter Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x for 2x to help stabilise quicker against Aggro decks.
- 09 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- A Message from Blizzard Co-Lead Jen Oneal
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 Delayed: Activision Blizzard Q3 2021 Financial Earnings Call