Dragon Hunter Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Dragon Hunter in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Dragon Hunter is a midrange deck that takes advantage of Dragon synergies while pressuring opponents. It makes particular use ofand due to their abilities to simultaneously control the board while also helping to rush down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Dragon Hunter Deck Mulligan Guide
Dragon Hunter is midrange deck and as such large strong board clear options. This makes getting a strong opening curve essential to contest the board.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , ,
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — , .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Dragon Hunter Deck Strategy
In the early game you should look to get the fastest possible start with early-game minions like, , and . Once you have have minions in the board, you should make use of your Hero Power combined with Dwarven Sharpshooter and to ensure you can stay in control.
As you transition into the mid game, you should make use of Dragon synergies cards like, and to ensure you can maintain control of the board, while the rest of your minions can do face damage to your opponent.
After dealing moderate damage to your opponent with your early minions, you should use start to focus direct damage sources likeand towards your opponent's face, in combination with your Hero Power, to deal the remaining points of damage to your opponent and close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should look to get the maximum tempo in the early game to ensure you do not get overrun on the board. This will often include skipping your Hero Power withto ensure you can develop an additional minion to fight for control of the board. Once in control of the board, you should be able to continue to control the board and chip away at your opponents health.
Against Control, you should look to get slightly more value out of your cards by picking slower midrange Dragons fromwhilst also looking to get the maximum damage out of your . Additionally, will often play an essential role in getting your past large taunt minions played by your opponent.
Dragon Hunter Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Unleash the Hounds for 2x .
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 1x Snake Trap, 1x Leeroy Jenkins, 2x Lifedrinker for 2x Big Ol' Whelp, 2x Pack Tactics
- 14 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- A Message from Blizzard Co-Lead Jen Oneal
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 Delayed: Activision Blizzard Q3 2021 Financial Earnings Call
- Blizzard Co-Leader Jen Oneal Leaves Blizzard, Mike Ybarra Becomes Sole Leader