Soul Demon Hunter Deck List Guide - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire November 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Soul Demon Hunter in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Soul Demon Hunter is a control deck that makes uses of weapon and Soul Fragment synergies to constantly heal and control the board, while directing a consistent flow of attack damage directly towards opponents each turn.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Soul Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
Soul Demon Hunter uses a multitude of cards that all serve a very similar purpose in controlling the board and damaging opponents. With that in mind, it is best to simply look for a solid opening curve in your mulligan.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Spirit Jailer, Manafeeder Panthara.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Soul Shear.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Soul Demon Hunter Strategy
In the early game, you should try to secure control of the board with your cheap minions like Spirit Jailer and Manafeeder Panthara. If opponent fights back, you can make use of Soul Shear and Chaos Strike to clean up the board.
Once your reach the mid game, you should look to make use of your weapons, Aldrachi Warblades and Marrowslicer, and minions like Soulshard Lapidary to directly damage your opponent and pressure your Health. If your opponent contests the board, you should try to make use of Soul Shear, Shardshatter Mystic, and Bladed Lady to control the board before resorting to trading with your weapon.
While the deck has a good amount of removal, most of it is intended for smaller minions, which may result in your opponent developing multiple larger minions over time. Should this happen, you have Blade Dance to fall back on. Due to there only being 2 copies of the card in your deck, you should try to get the best use out of the card by buffing your Hero Attack as high as neccessary, using Weapons and attack buffs to ensure you can clear the board, while also being able to hit your opponent for a large amount of damage.
To close out the game, the consistent face damage you deal should suffice. However, should you draw into Soulciologist Malicia in the late game, you can absolutely use it to generate 3/3 minions equal to your Soul Fragments to clean up your opponent's board and make one large final push to close out the game.
Against Aggro, your primary aim is to simply to control the board. As your deck is packed full of removal, you should have no issue outvaluing your opponent while getting a consistent stream of healing from Soul Fragments. Should your Health begin to drop too low, you can look to use Aldrachi Warblades in combination with attack buffs like Twin Slice and Soulshard Lapidary for a large burst of healing when needed.
Against Control, your priority should be dealing direct damage to your opponent every turn. As your deck contains a finite amount of attack damage, you should try to avoid trading with your weapon damage at all costs, else you may run the risk of your opponent out-healing all of your damage. As Control decks typically do not put on large amounts of board pressure, you can make liberal use of your removal tools, including Blade Dance, to ensure you can continually damage your opponent directly with your weapon each turn.
Soul Demon Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 2x Spectral Sight for 2x Chaos Strike.
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Battlefiend for 1x Relentless Pursuit, 1x Soulciologist Malicia.
- 17 Nov. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion. Added 1x Il'gynoth, 2x Bladed Lady, 2x Insatiable Felhound, 1x Relentless Pursuit for 2x Eye Beam, 1x Glaivebound Adept, 2x Wandmaker, 1x Lorekeeper Poltkelt.
- 09 Sep. 2020: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- Aggro Tempo Mage
- Warlock help and advice please ?.
- Input needed on budget mech mage ?.
- Book of Heroes Jaina Proudmoore
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Introducing my friend & I's attempt at better Hearthstone replays: SquadOV!
- Venim Iceblade Boss Guide
- Varok Saurfang Boss Guide