Aggro Demon Hunter Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Aggro Demon Hunter in The Wailing Caverns expansion meta.
Aggro Demon Hunter is a hyper-aggro deck that uses cheap attack cards like Fury (Rank 1) and the Demon Claws Hero Power in combination with cheap minions to be able to rush down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Aggro Demon Hunter Deck Mulligan Guide
Aggro Demon Hunter is hyper-aggro deck that explodes onto the board, being capable of snowballing out of control starting from Turn 1. You should use your mulligan to find the fastest possible cards for the strongest opening.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Battlefiend, Intrepid Initiate, Demon Companion, Oasis Thrasher.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Dreadlord's Bite.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Aggro Demon Hunter Deck Strategy
In the early game, you should try to populate the board as quickly as possible using Battlefiend, Intrepid Initiate, and Demon Companion. If you remove any opposing minions, you should use prioritise doing it with the attack power of your Hero, provided by Demon Claws and Fury (Rank 1), to do so.
You should direct most of your damage directly toward your opponent, stopping only to deal with high-value threats. When pushing aggressively, Bonechewer Brawler is a particularly useful Taunt that can be buffed further using Guardian Augmerchant to create a powerful and awkward wall to protect your other minions.
The low curve of the deck makes it very likely that you will run out of cards very quickly. Upon reaching Turn 6, Skull of Gul'dan can be used as a powerful way to refill your hand, heavily discounting your hand when Outcast. Additional copies of the card can further be generated from Illidari Studies if you do not draw into it or require further card draw.
To close out the game you should look to put together any remaining damage from hand, such as Dreadlord's Bite, Stiltstepper, and Twin Slice to finish off your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should look to make additional value trades with your minions if your opponent puts additional pressure on the board, before you begin pressuring your opponent. Similarly, if you play against a deck that focuses on burn damage, such as Face Hunter, you should look to make slightly more trades with your minions instead of your Hero to ensure you maintain enough Health to not die to direct damage.
Against Control, you should expect to play a slightly longer game due to additional removal tools and healing present in their deck. To account for this, you should largely be looking for Skull of Gul'dan from your Illidari Studies to ensure you have enough card to continue pushing throughout the game.
Aggro Demon Hunter Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 2x Cult Neophyte for 2x Dreadlord's Bite.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Deck has been reviewed for the Wailing Caverns meta.
- 03 Apr. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Year of the Gryphon.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Deck list and guide updated for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion. Removed 2x Marrowsliver, 2x Skull of Gul'dan, 2x Glaivebound Adept, 1x Altruis the Outcast, 2x Kayn Sunfury for 2x Dreadlord's Bite, 2x Wriggling Horror, 2x Acrobatics, 2x Stiltstepper.
- 09 Sep. 2020: Deck list and guide updated. Removed 2x Spirit Jailer, 2x Crimson Sigil Runner, 1x Ace Hunter Kreen, 2x Satyr Overseer, 2x Chaos Strike, 2x Soulshard Lapidary, 1x Warglaives of Azzinoth, 1x Metamorphosis for 2x Blazing Battlemage, 2x Demon Compainion, 2x Guardian Augmerchant, 2x Intrepid Initiate, 2x Mana Burn, 2x Voracious Reader, 1x Bonechewer Brawler.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Scholomance Academy expansion.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players