Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Aggro Demon Hunter in The Wailing Caverns expansion meta.
Deathrattle Demon Hunter is a Midrange deck that uses Deathrattle mechanics to stick its minions to the board to be able to apply constant pressure onto opponents throughout the game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck Mulligan Guide
Deathrattle Demon Hunter utilises both Deathrattle minions and Watch Post cards throughout the game. In your mulligan you should look for key cards to enable both of these strategies.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Loot Hoarder, , . ,
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No further cards required.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck Strategy
In the early game, your aim should be to build up a foundation for keeping Deathrattle minions on the board throughout the game. On Turn 1 this largely involves playing and attacking with Loot Hoarder and ., this can subsequently be followed up by cheap Deathrattle minions like
Throughout this time, the aim is to find key Deathrattle minions in your hand that chain together.is the most important minion to look for when assembling these chains as its low Cost means you do not want it to be pulled by another Deathrattle minion, similarly if you have 2 Razorboars it is ideally to try and get them on the board at the same time. In addition to Razorboars, you are also looking to have s in your hand as it is the ideal target for Razorboar to pull from your hand due to its ability to pull out your higher-Cost Deathrattles. Lastly, you are looking for a 3rd Deathrattle minion to be pulled ideally a 4-Cost Deathrattle like or a discounted by . These combos are the backbone of the deck due to the immense difficulty required to remove them from the board.
The deck's Deathrattle plays are more than enough to allow you to comfortably enter the late game, at which point these synergies can be compounded further through the use of the powerful cards likeand . Any remaining follow-up damage can be deal using the combination of and attacking your opponent directly with your Hero to deal the finishing blow.
Against Aggro, you should look to pulland from you hand to slow down your opponent to help you safely reach the mid game, where the deck hits its stride.
Against Control, you should expect to play a slightly longer game due additional removal being available for your board. To account for this, you should expect to use both copies ofto deal the additional points of burst damage to close out the game.
Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x for 2x .
- 06 Jun. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Wailing Caverns meta.
- 03 Apr. 2021: Guide added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins