Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter is a combo deck that aims to use a Il'gynoth in combination with Lifesteal spells and large amounts of Spell Damage to burst down opponents in a single turn.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter Deck Mulligan Guide
Lifesteal Demon Hunter is an OTK deck that relies on using very specific card combinations in order to burst down opponents. To facilitate this, looking for a good amount of card draw in your mulligan is essential.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Illidari Studies, Double Jump.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Chaos Strike, Immolation Aura.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter Deck Strategy
Throughout most of the game your aim should be to simply use your Mana efficiently to draw as many cards as possible. Where possible, you should try to prioritise card draw effects that have their Outcast effects active, such as Spectral Sight, especially if they are on the right-side of your hand.
Should you come under pressure from your opponent, you can make use of the small number of removal tools in the deck, like Immolation Aura and Eye Beam. Due to the deck having large amounts of Lifesteal to heal you, it is best to use your removal conservatively until you have no other option, unless you happen to have many sources of removal in your hand. If you require stronger removal, extra copies of Mo'arg Artificer can be used if absolutely necessary.
When drawing through your deck, the key cards you are looking for are Il'gynoth and multiple copies of Mo'arg Artificer. Additional copies of Mo'arg Artificer can be generated with Felosophy if needed. Where possible you should try to avoid copying your Artificers until you have discounted one using Skull of Gul'dan or have already drawn both copies as any Mana discounts will also be copies, however it is not necessary to Outcast Felospohy.
Performing your final OTK against your opponent can be done in a multitude of ways, but each time it will have 3 core components:
- Spell Empowerment
- Lifesteal Spells
The first part of any combo is simply to play Il'gynoth. Afterwards, you should look to play a mix of Mo'arg Artificers and Spell Damage minions onto the board. For calculation purposes, Spell Damage is always applied before the doubling effect of Artificiers are calculated. Lastly, you require a Lifesteal spell to utilise the previous 2 components. This should ideally be Felscream Blast due to Spell Damage having a greater effect on it but Eye Beam can also work, or even a mix of both. This damage can be freely used on enemy or friendly minions to burst down your opponent and the Lifesteal damage will still be dealt to your opponent even if your Artificiers or Il'gynoth die from it.
Against Aggro, you should put a lot more emphasis on simply surviving. The large amount of Lifesteal in the deck can simply be used to overcome your opponent's aggression until they run out of cards. When your opponent is low on cards, you can simply finish them off using any weapons and spells you have available.
Against Control decks, especially those that can gain Armor, you should try to maximise the damage your combo can do. This largely involves using as many Mo'arg Artificers as possible and not wasting any throughout the game as their damage can grow exponentially. For example, using Ethereal Augmerchant in combination with 3 Artificiers will boost the damage of a Felscream Blast to 16 per target, allowing you to do 48 damage with a single spell.
Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Acrobatics for 1x Double Jump.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Soul Cleave for 1x Ethereal Augmerchant.
- 27 Jan. 2021: Guide added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast