Table of Contents
Maexxna is a neutral minion. This card used to be obtained in the Naxxramas solo adventure, but is now only obtainable through crafting (unless you purchased the first wing of the Curse of Naxxramas before the expansion was removed from the shop, in which case, you can still purchase the rest of the expansion). Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Maexxna may look like an attractive minion to newer players, but it rarely offers any significant benefit over even a basic card like Boulderfist Ogre. Boulderfist Ogre already kills nearly every minion in the game in combat, and also represents significant pressure to the opponent, which Maexxna does not.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Maexxna should only be used at a very low budget level, and even in these decks, Boulderfist Ogre can prove more beneficial. In a full budget decks there are far too many excellent 6-drops such as Emperor Thaurissan, Sylvanas Windrunner, and Piloted Sky Golem, amongst others, to consider including Maexxna in your deck.
Maexxna is no longer available in Arena.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ghastly Conjurer
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Professor Putricide
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Mountainfire Armor and Nerubian Unraveler
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- New Streamer needs some help
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- HoF Discussions
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)