Howlfiend — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Howlfiend is a Warlock-only minion. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Wailing Felhound has an apparently awful downside for the Mana cost. This presents the question as to whether to play the card and accept the ensuing hand destruction, or to wait and play it when you have fewer cards in hand.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Wailing Felhound has a lot of synergy with discard mechanics. Silverware Golem and Clutchmother Zavas help to make the downside into an upside. There is also the amusing option to play Treachery in your deck, which will allow you to empty your opponent's hand.
In Arena, Wailing Felhound is a poor card. It will rarely be worth playing on curve, and if it is delayed, it will not get enough value to be of use. Without any synergy with the rest of the draft, the best way to play this card will be in a very fast draft, and on Turn 5 or 6 alongside another minion, with very few other cards in hand.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please