Combo Demon Hunter Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Combo Demon Hunter in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Combo Demon Hunter is a burst-damage deck that utilises the cheap Demon Hunter spells available in combination with Kael'thas Sunstrider to play multiple high damage spells like Inner Demon in a single turn to burst down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Combo Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
Combo Demon Hunter is combo deck that utilises specific combo cards to be able to burst down opponents in a single turn. You should look for key draw and removal cards to begin safely drawing through your deck as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Spectral Sight, Crimson Sigil Runner, Novice Engineer.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Chaos Strike, Furious Felfin.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Due to the nature of the Outcast Mechanic, you should prioritise keeping Outcast draw cards like Crimson Sigil Runner, Skull of Gul'dan, and Spectral Sight if they are the left-most card in your mulligan.
Combo Demon Hunter Strategy
As a combo deck, you should spend most of the game drawing as many cards as possible to assemble combo pieces. You should carefully plan the order in which you play your cards so you can manipulate your hand and put powerful Outcast cards with draw effects, like Spectral Sight and Skull of Gul'dan, to the edges of your hand.
While drawing through your deck, you can freely use most of your spells and weapons as removal to slow down your opponent, while still drawing as much as possible. However, you should avoid using Inner Demon and Twin Slice as they are essential for the deck's final combo.
To close out the game you should play Kael'thas Sunstrider in combination with the 2 spells from Twin Slice in order to play Inner Demon for free. This can be done again using the second copy of each card for a 20 damage burst. Any other sources of damages such as Hero Powers, especially from Metamorphosis, can also be squeezed into the final burst damage to finish off your opponent, while Consume Magic can be saved if you anticipate any Taunt minions.
Against Aggro, you should focus more on controlling the board to minimise the damage you take. Doing so will also allow you to squeeze in a small amount of chip damage, minimising the damage needs for your final combo, putting further emphasise on simply not dying.
Against Control, you should focus on drawing through your deck as quickly as possible, with little respect to your opponent's board. This will minimise the chance your opponent will be in a position to survive your final burst damage, either through healins, armor, or a wall of taunt minions.
Combo Demon Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Kayn Sunfury for 1x Eye Beam if you are facing a large number of Taunt minions.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Soul Cleave for 1x Mana Burn.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- Diablo 2 4K60 Upscaled Gameplay: 4 Acts Sorceress
- Activision Blizzard CFO Optimistic About Diablo Immortal
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- New Very Funny Diablo 2 Carbot Animations Series: Diablols 2
- Diablo 2 Retrospective