Control Shaman Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Control Shaman in the Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Control Shaman is a very slow deck that uses large amounts of removal to grind down opponents. It uses Hagatha the Witch to create a constant supply of value and Archivist Elysiana to ensure it never runs out of cards.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Control Shaman Deck Lists
Control Shaman Mulligan Guide
As a Control deck, it is important to look for key removal tools in your mulligan to ensure you are able to survive until the late game where the deck thrives.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Sludge Slurper, Far Sight, Menacing Nimbus, Hagatha's Scheme.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Thunderhead, Zap!.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Hagatha the Witch.
Control Shaman Strategy
The main aim of Control Shaman is to survive until the late game until you can stabilise using Hagatha the Witch and Walking Fountain and begin putting pressure back onto your opponent. You should use minions like Sludge Slurper and Menacing Nimbus, in addition to the minions they generate, to contest the board. If your opponent begins putting pressure on you, you can freely use Hagatha's Scheme and Lightning Storm to clear wide boards or Hex to clear large threats. As you can easily out-value opponents, your aim in the late game is to simply remove every threat your opponent plays until you can run them out of resources.
Against Aggro, you should use your resources liberally to ensure you do not take too much damage as Control Shaman has minimal healing available until turn 8. Thunderhead in combination with Overload effects like Zap! and Lightning Bolt is an excellent combo that can be used to clean up boards in the mid-game and develop a light board presence in the process. If you are able to survive until turn 8, you should be able to comfortably heal up and control the board for the remainder of the game.
Against Control, you should be prepared to play very long games, potentially reaching the turn limit. Playing Hagatha the Witch as soon as possible will allow you to get your value-engine running so that you can use resources liberally to pressure your opponent. Due to the length of the games, it is important to save Archivist Elysiana until you reach the bottom of your deck to prevent fatigue damage. If you make it through your additional 10-card deck, Shudderwock can then be used to trigger Archivist Elysiana's Battlecry one more time, for a final, random, 10-card deck to play out the final turns.
Control Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Ancestral Healing, 2x Wild Pyromancer for 1x Swampqueen Hagatha, 1x Shudderwock, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze, 1x Menacing Nimbus.
- Against Control — Add 1x Cairne Bloodhoof for 1x Zap!.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Acidic Swamp Ooze, 2x Menacing Nimbus, 1x Haunting Visions for 1x King Phaoris, 1x Earthquake, 2x Sandstorm Elemental, 1x Siamat.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the June balance patch.
- 07 May 2019: Deck added.
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Hearthstone 15.6.2 Patch Notes
- Celebrate 25 Years of Warcraft
- Tavern Brawl Temporarily Disabled
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Patch 15.6 Issues: Fixes Coming Monday/Tuesday
- Hearthstone 15.6 Update Patch Notes
- Will these builds work for 2.6.7 seasons ?
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Battlegrounds Mechanics
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- No +5 Druid decks yet?