Elemental Shaman Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Elemental Shaman in The Wailing Caverns expansion meta.
Elemental Shaman is a Midrange deck that focuses much more heavily on Elemental minions over spells. The synergy between the Elemental minions allows the powerful effects of their Battlecries fill the role of spells, resulting in a dominant board presence that can heavily pressure opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Elemental Shaman Deck Mulligan Guide
Elemental Shaman is a minion-based tempo deck that aims to maintain a board advantage throughout the game. It is important to use your mulligan for early-game minions to get initial footing into the board.
- General Mulligan — , , , .
- Mulligan Against Aggro — .
- Mulligan Against Control — No further cards required.
Elemental Shaman Deck Strategy
When playing Elemental Shaman you should aim to play out a solid and efficient curve in order to secure control of the board. Starting out withs and s, you should be able to quickly follow up with an array of cards that can simultanously remove enemy minions and develop your board, such as and . Nearly all of the other cards in the deck share the common trait of improving the strength of your board in the process, leaving any minions you have remaining to attack your opponent directly once the board is clear. This tempo style of play has the soft win condition of simply grinding down your opponent with any minions you have in place once after clearing the board each turn.
Against Aggro, you should ensure that you Corrupt anys you have in hand as soon as possible. Doing so will ensure you have a solid board clear option available if your opponent goes wide on the board with a cards like . Additionally, you should highly prioritise playing an Elemental each turn to ensure you have access to powerful Battlecries like to clear off any minions that may come your way.
Against Control, you should try to maintain a constant stream of minions to pressure your opponent each turn. As Control decks will put up less of a fight on the board, you should not hesitate to use Battlecries like Fire Elemental to burn down your opponent if you they comfortably fit your Mana Curve and maintain your Elemental activation options for the following turn. Furthermore, you should also try to hold on to as close to turn 10 as possible. This will provide you with more Mana to work with as you play the card and maximise the potential for the number of spells you can chain together in a single turn.
Elemental Shaman Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Fire Elemental. for 1x
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- 08 Jun. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Wailing Caverns meta. Removed 2x Gyreworm, 2x Far Watch Post, 2x Mor'shan Watch Post, 1x Kargal Battlescar, 1x Defender of Argus for 2x Wailing Vapor, 2x Primal Dungeoneer, 2x Lightning Bolt, 1x Archdruid Naralex, 1x Bru'kan.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Deck Added
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins