Elemental Shaman Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Elemental Shaman in The Forged in the Barrens expansion meta.
Elemental Shaman is a Midrange deck that focuses much more heavily on Elemental minions over spells. The synergy between the Elemental minions allows the powerful effects of their Battlecries fill the role of spells, resulting in a dominant board presence that can heavily pressure opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Elemental Shaman Deck Mulligan Guide
Elemental Shaman is a minion-based deck that utilises a Watch Post package to disrupt opponents. It is important to use your mulligan to find Watch Posts as well as other key early-game minions.
- General Mulligan — , , , .
- Mulligan Against Aggro — , .
- Mulligan Against Control — No further cards required.
Elemental Shaman Deck Strategy
When playing Elemental Shaman you should aim to get your Watch Posts,and , onto the board as quickly as possible to begin disrupting opponents. To support this you should make use of Elemental Battlecries, , and to keep the board clear of minions. All of these removal options share the common trait of improving the strength of your board in the process, leaving any minions you have remaining to attack your opponent directly once the board is clear. This tempo style of play has the soft win condition of simply grinding down your opponent with any minions you have in place once after clearing the board each turn.
Against Aggro, you should ensure that you Corrupt anys you have in hand as soon as possible. Doing so will ensure you have a solid board clear option available if your opponent goes wide on the board with a cards like . Additionally, you should highly prioritise playing an Elemental each turn to ensure you have access to powerful Battlecries like and to clear off any minions that may come your way.
Against Control, you should try to maintain a constant stream of minions to pressure your opponent each turn. As Control decks will put up less of a fight on the board, you should not hesitate to use Battlecries like Fire Elemental to burn down your opponent if you they comfortably fit your Mana Curve and maintain your Elemental activation options for the following turn. Furthermore, you should also try to hold on to as close to turn 10 as possible. This will provide you with more Mana to work with as you play the card and maximise the potential for the number of spells you can chain together in a single turn.and
Elemental Shaman Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Fire Elemental. for 1x
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Mana Tide Totem for 1x Defender of Argus.
- 02 Apr. 2021: Deck Added
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees