Aggro Shaman Deck - United in Stormwind
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Aggro Shaman play for the United in Stormwind expansion meta.
Aggro Shaman is an ultra-aggressive archetype with a lot of burn damage at its disposal. It uses early-game minions to quickly secure the board before transitioning to a full-face strategy using burn spell and the all-powerful Doomhammer.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Aggro Shaman Deck Mulligan Guide
Aggro Shaman is an aggressive deck with a very low minion count — as such, it is important to find those minions in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Lightning Bolt.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Aggro Shaman Deck Strategy
The gameplan of Aggro Shaman is to contest the board with early-game minions while assembling enough direct damage in hand to burn down opponents. During the early game, you should look to play Lightning Bolt to deal with any high-priority threats if needed., and to develop your board, using and
Going into the mid game, it is important and sometimes difficult to identify when to stop controlling the board and begin directing damage at the face to set up two- or three-turn lethals. When making these decisions, Doomhammer becomes a very large factor due to its ability to consistently deal damage across multiple turns. With Doomhammer equipped, you can turn Rockbiter Weapon and into 6 damage each due to their interaction with Windfury.
Against Aggro, you will usually be trying to control the board for most of the game. You will be aiming to use an excessive number of spells on enemy minions in order to keep the board under control. Because most Aggro decks struggle to regain control of the board once they have lost it, it is often best to use Doomhammer to control the board while pushing chip damage with your minions instead of immediately directing everything at face.
Against Control, it is important to maximize the amount of damage you deal above all else. The best way to do this is through repetitive chip damage with minions, so look out for opportunities to stick any of your cheap minions to the board. It is also generally important to play Doomhammer on Turn 5. Consider planning for this in advance by playing your Overload cards on Turn 3 if possible so that you are not forced to use them on Turn 4 and prevent Doomhammer from being played next turn. Forward-planning like this is key to success with this deck and with overload-heavy Shaman decks in general.
Aggro Shaman Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x , for 1x .
- Against Aggro — Add 2x , for 2x .
- 08 Aug. 2021: Decklist has been swapped out for an Elemental-based variant.
- 08 Jun. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Wailing Caverns meta. Removed 2x Landslide, 2x Primordial Studies, 1x Raz Frostwhisper, for 2x Wailing Vapor, 2x Primal Dungeoneer, 1x Selfless Sidekick.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Deck has been updated for the year of the Gryphon.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Guide has been completely overhauled for the Ashes of Outland expansion.
- 27 Jun. 2019: Deck added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule