Dragon Priest Deck
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Dragon Priest play for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire meta.
Dragon Priest is a spell-based midrange deck that makes use of the natural synergy between many Dragon cards and spells. The Dragons in the deck provide a solid board presence to pressure opponents while the spells provide excellent board control, allowing the deck to adapt to both Tempo and Control strategies.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Dragon Priest Deck Mulligan Guide
Dragon Priest regularly relies on big board swings to maintain control of the board. As a result, it is important to look for key cards in your mulligan,
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — , .
Dragon Priest Deck Strategy
During the early game you should play out your card draw and generation cards like, , and . You may additionally, play if you are certain your opponent has no way to deal with it.
Once you have a light board presence, you can begin fighting for board control, making use ofto buff your minions for trades in addition to removal like as well as any other removal your other cards generate.
For larger threats, the deck has access to the powerful combo ofpaired with . To use this, you should ideally isolate the target minion before using the combo. This ability to steal an enemy minion in the mid game will often cause board swings that can win on the spot.
The constant board presence and removal the deck is able to output allows you to fight for the board for the full duration of the game. This will allow you to slowly chip away at your opponent's Health while out-valuing them to close out games.
Against Aggro, you should be much more liberal with your card usage to ensure you do not take too much damage, as you can comfortably out-value Aggro decks over time.will also be your most important card as the healing it offers will turn games into your favor. If you are able to stick a mid-game minion onto the board like or , you can freely use Apotheosis on them. However, in most games you should try to save it to be paired with . When these two cards are used together, you will be able to clean up your opponents board while also healing your Hero for every point of damage dealt and usually winning the game in the process.
Against Control, the most impotant thing to consider is yourusage as the swings it causes are often game-defining. For example, stealing against a Control Warrior allows you to use their win condition against them, as can stealing against Mage. With this in mind, it is important to be aware of the most problematic minion in your opponent's deck and be ready to steal it for yourself.
Dragon Priest Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x for 1x .
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- 17 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule