Trogg Spell Priest Deck - Fractured in Alterac Valley
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Trogg Spell Priest in The Fractured in Alterac Valley expansion meta.
Trogg Spell Priest is a buff-based deck that aims to churn out large numbers of spells and buffs while utilising multiple minions that have very strong spell synergies in order to overwhelm opponents with spell generation and Mana discounts.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Trogg Spell Priest Deck Mulligan Guide
Trogg Spell Priest utilises a select few minions paired with a large number of spells. Due to the abundance of spells, it is important to find as many minions as possible in your mulligan.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Holy Smite.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No additional cards required.
Trogg Spell Priest Deck Strategy
Throughout the early game your aim is to stick one of your minions to the board by any means necessary. Once you have a minion in play, you can begin protecting it through the use of cards like, and .
If your opponent's minions are able to immediately threaten your minions after they have been buffed, you should generally avoid playing your minions until it is safe to do so, making use of Holy Smite to remove their minions and to discount your spells as you bide your time.
While the deck ideally aims to keep minions on board throughout the game, all is not lost if your board is cleared.offers the opportunity to gain 2 more minions and start the buffing process from the beginning.
Generally speaking, the deck is able to overwhelm opponents in one of two ways. Firstly, a Turn 1followed by some buffs can overwhelm most opponents and will prevent your opponent from ever playing spells and simply snowball out of control from that point. Alternatively, getting the combination of and onto the board will snowball out of control very quickly. With these 2 minions in play, you have access to both card generation and Mana Discounts, allowing you to play almost limitless spells in a turn if you are able to start copying the 2 minions with cards like and . This route to victory typically ends via multiple Health buffs into for huge damage.
Against Aggro, you should fight for control of the board at all costs. If you are able to keep any of your minions on the board, you will be able to win by value trading your buffed minions to deny their damage.is especially effective at taking down their wide boards while securing yourself a minion in play that is hard to remove.
Against Control, it is likely your opponent will have removal tools capable of killing even your biggest minions, so card generation is often the key to victory. As you copy your minions with cards likeand bring back your minions with and generated copies of , you should be able to burn through your opponents' removal and overwhelm them with any minions you have left over.
Trogg Spell Priest Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for for more board-flooding potential.
- 08 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs