Evolve Shaman Deck List Guide - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire December 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Evolve Shaman in Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Evolve Shaman is a combo-oriented deck that aims to flood the board with weak minions with high Mana Costs and then transforming them into random minions of equal or higher Cost. Modern versions of the deck largely rely on the versatility of the Boggspine Knuckles weapon for a consistent Evolve effect.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Evolve Shaman Mulligan Guide
Evolve Shaman is a deck built around very specific cards and combos. To facilitate this, you should look for key Evolve-enabling cards in your mulligan.
- General Mulligan — Cagematch Custodian, Surging Tempest, Sludge Slurper.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — No additional cards required.
- Mulligan Against Control — No additional cards required.
Evolve Shaman Strategy
The aim of Evolve Shaman, as the name suggests, is to Evolve your minions to gain an advantage over your opponent. To do this, you should be looking to equip a copy of Boggspine Knuckles as quickly as possible to begin evolving your minions. With the Weapon equipped, you can continually play out over-Costed minions, such as Dread Corsair, Desert Hare, and Mogu Fleshshaper, to Evolve each turn. This allows you to consistently generate powerful boards that will eventually be too much for your opponent to handle.
Against Aggro, you should focus on developing any kind of board as quickly as possible. With this in mind, you should look to use your Evolve combos such as Desert Hare and Revolve or Boggspine Knuckles and Dread Corsair to contest the board quickly. Should things get out of hand, Mogu Fleshshaper serves as an excellent way to fight back against wide board due to its ability to be immediately Revolved or Evolved into a 9- or 10-drop.
Against Control, you should try to maximise the value of your Evolve effects. In particular, setting up Boggspine Knuckles a turn prior will allow you to fully utilise your Mana on minions the following turn before Evolving them. Additionally, Control decks will often be able to clear your board multiple times, so you should make sure to hold onto Hoard Pillagers until they can be used to gain additional copies of Boggspine Knuckles as needed.
Evolve Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Animated Broomstick for 2x Far Sight.
- Against Control — Add 2x Bogstrok Clacker for 2x Stormstrike.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Deck added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2020 Earnings Call
- Will Blizzard Launch a New Title at BlizzConline?
- BlizzConLine 2021 Official Preview and Trailer
- BlizzConline Celebration Bundles in the Shop!
- What to Expect from Blizzconline 2021? (Predictions)
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade