Face Hunter Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Face Hunter in the Descent of Dragons expansion.
Face Hunter is a hyper-aggro deck that aims to rush down opponents by dealing damage to their 'face' as quickly as possible. It largely relies on cards that can immediately do damage to opponents supplemented by the Steady Shot Hero Power. While many cards historically used in the deck have been the prime target for nerfs in the past, it still surfaces in various meta games and proves itself as a solid deck.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Face Hunter Mulligan Guide
This iteration of Face Hunter is largely supplemented by Side Quests to gain the tempo to keep up with other meta decks. Therefore, looking for Side Quests and cards to support them in your mulligan is essential.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Clear the Way, Toxic Reinforcements, and Desert Spear.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Springpaw.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No additional cards should be kept.
Face Hunter Strategy
Face Hunter relies on a mix of Rush Minions, Charge minions, and other direct damage sources in order to kill opponents as quickly as possible. While all cards in the deck serve a similar purpose, playing the deck largely comes down to finding the most efficient order to play cards.
Most games should begin with either the Clear the Way or Toxic Reinforcements Side Quests as these can take several turns to come into effect. These should typically be followed up with Rush minions to swarm the board. When playing this deck, every minion that can attack your opponent's face should do so, however, Rush minions provide the perfect way to deal with any threats your opponent may play onto the board. After using your Rush minions to secure the board and deal damage to your opponent, you can then look toward direct sources of damage such as Leeroy Jenkins, Kill Command, and Lifedrinker to close out the game.
It should be noted that, unlike previous iterations of Face Hunter, weaving in your Steady Shot Hero Power each turn is not as important. Instead, it should only be prioritised when you have Toxic Reinforcements or Dragonbane in play, or in combination with Dwarven Sharpshooter when removing enemy minions is essential.
Against Aggro, you should put a higher priority on controlling the board. While the Rush minions in the deck can make this easy, you should be extra careful around turn 5, making extra trades if necessary to ensure you opponent cannot swing the board with a Faceless Corruptor.
Against Control, managing your resources becomes an important skill. You should try to anticipate how long your resources in hand will last and try to make use of your Hero Power to help prolong your resources if you feel that they are not enough to close out the game.
Face Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Explosive Trap for 1x Toxic Reinforcements
- Against Control — Add 1x Veranus for 1x Dwarven Sharpshooter.
- 15 Dec. 2019: Deck added.
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Dragon Hunter
- Embiggen Druid
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Pepe's Rank 5 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Misplay's Top 10 Legend
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Orange's Top 10 Legend
- Need help with "Charon's Top 200 Legend Token Druid Deck - Galakrond's Awakening January 2020"
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List