Face Hunter Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Face Hunter in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Face Hunter is a hyper-aggro deck that aims to rush down opponents by dealing damage to their 'face' as quickly as possible. It largely relies on cards that can immediately do damage to opponents supplemented by the Steady Shot Hero Power. While many cards historically used in the deck have been the prime target for nerfs in the past, it still surfaces in various meta games and proves itself as a solid deck.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Face Hunter Deck Lists
Face Hunter Mulligan Guide
This iteration of Face Hunter is largely supplemented by Side Quests to gain the tempo to keep up with other meta decks. Therefore, looking for Side Quests and cards to support them in your mulligan is essential.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Clear the Way, Phase Stalker, and Desert Spear.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Hench-Clan Hogsteed.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No additional cards should be kept.
Face Hunter Strategy
Face Hunter relies on a mix of Rush Minions, Charge minions, and other direct damage sources in order to kill opponents as quickly as possible. While all cards in the deck serve a similar purpose, playing the deck largely comes down to finding the most efficient order to play cards.
Most games should begin with either the Clear the Way or Toxic Reinforcements Side Quests as these can take several turns to come into effect. These should typically be followed up with Rush minions to swarm the board. When playing this deck, every minion that can attack your opponent's face should do so, however, Rush minions provide the perfect way to deal with any threats your opponent may play onto the board. After using your Rush minions to secure the board and deal damage to your opponent, you can then look toward direct sources of damage such as Kill Command and Unleash the Hounds to close out the game.
It should be noted that, unlike previous iterations of Face Hunter, weaving in your Steady Shot Hero Power each turn is not as important. Instead, it should only be prioritised when you have Toxic Reinforcements, Phase Stalker, or Dragonbane in play, or in combination with Dwarven Sharpshooter when removing enemy minions is essential.
Against Aggro, you should put a higher priority on controlling the board. While the Rush minions in the deck can make this easy, you should be extra careful around turn 5, making extra trades if necessary to ensure you opponent cannot swing the board with a Faceless Corruptor.
Against Control, managing your resources becomes an important skill. You should try to anticipate how long your resources in hand will last and try to make use of your Hero Power to help prolong your resources if you feel that they are not enough to close out the game.
Face Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Timber Wolf for 1x Toxic Reinforcements
- Against Control — Add 1x Veranus for 1x Dwarven Sharpshooter.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck list has been completely overhauled for the Ashes of Outland expansion.
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 1x Reckless Rocketeer.
- 15 Dec. 2019: Deck added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's