Midrange Demon Hunter Deck List Guide - Scholomance Academy August 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Midrange Demon Hunter in the Scholomance Academy expansion.
Midrange Demon Hunter is a high-tempo deck that take full advantage the Demon Hunter ability to generate Attack power, allowing enemy minions to be easily cleared while friendly minions can be amassed behind. The deck is able to maintain aggression throughout the game and can easily overwhelm opponents who cannot respond fast enough.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Midrange Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
Midrange Demon Hunter is capable of snowballing out of control starting from turn 1. To increase the chance of this happening, you should use your mulligan to create a strong opening curve to start out the game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Battlefiend, Spirit Jailer, Umberwing.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Twin Slice, Soul Shear.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Due to the nature of the Outcast Mechanic, you should prioritise keeping Outcast cards like Skull of Gul'dan if they are the left-most card in your mulligan.
Midrange Demon Hunter Strategy
In the early game, you should focus on getting as many minions as possible down to help secure the board. If your opponent contests the board, you should try to use cards like Twin Slice and Umberwing to remove their minions so that you can continue to bolster your own board as you remove their minions.
As you move into the mid game, you should continue prioritising using your Hero and cheap spells like Eye Beam to control the board while you put as much pressure and play your minions as Mana-efficiently as possible.
Due to the nature of the Outcast mechanic, you should heavily consider playing top-decked Outcast cards the turn you draw them if you can get any value from them that turm, especiallly Skull of Gul'dan. This will often slow down your current turn, but yield a large amount of tempo and value over the next few turns which cannot be underestimated.
Against Aggro, you should look to make additional value trades with your minions if your opponent puts additional pressure on the board, before you begin pressuring your opponent. Similarly, if you are against a deck that focuses on burn damage, such as Face Hunter, you should look to make slighly more trades with your minions instead of your Hero to ensure you maintain enough Health to not die to direct damage.
Against Control, you should try to get the full value from your Outcast cards, to ensure you have enough resources to grind out a longer game. Soulciologist Malicia, Glaivebound Adept, Soulshard Lapidary, and Priestess of Fury become especially powerful in these matchups due to their ability to simultaneously clean up your opponent's board and develop a large minion.
Midrange Demon Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Keymaster Alabaster for 1x Eye Beam.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Blade Dance for 1x Glaivebound Adept.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Scholomance Academy expansion. Removed 2x Imprisoned Antaen, 2x Chaos Strike, 1x Maiev Shadowsong, 2x Aldrachi Warblades, 2x Furious Felfin, 2x Crimson Sigil Runner for 2x Spirit Jailer, 1x Glaivebound Adept, 1x Ace hunter Kreen, 2x Marrowslicer, 2x Soulshard Lapidary, 2x Soul Shear, 1x Soulciologist Malicia
- 07 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Introducing Icy Wiki
- Diablo 2 4K60 Upscaled Gameplay: 4 Acts Sorceress
- Activision Blizzard CFO Optimistic About Diablo Immortal
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- New Very Funny Diablo 2 Carbot Animations Series: Diablols 2
- Diablo 2 Retrospective