Mozaki OTK Mage Deck - Fractured in Alterac Valley
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Moazaki Mage in The Fractured in Alterac Valley meta.
Mozaki Mage is an OTK deck that aims to utilise spell discounts to play a large number of spells within play before utilising the large amount of spell damage to burst opponents down with cheap damage spells like .
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Mozaki OTK Mage Deck Mulligan
As an OTK deck, you should primarily look for cards that help accelerate your strategy to close out the game as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No Additional cards required.
Mozaki OTK Mage Deck Strategy
During much of the game with Mozaki OTK Mage, you should focus on drawing cards as quickly and efficiently as possible. This largely involves using, , and . If you have 2 copies of , 1 can also be used with a Spell Damage minion generated from . If you do have any Mana spare, you can play , but you should hold on to the subsequent until your final combo, or you are in desperate need of Mana.
To survive long enough to pull off your combo, most of the spells in the deck function as removal when needed, but with so many options available, you should choose carefully which spells to use. As a general rule, cards that cannot go face are good to default to, likeand . However, if you have Mana to spare, a 2-Mana copy of or can be a better option as it is unlikely you will have the Mana to play them in your final combo. Conversely, if you have a large number of undiscounted burn cards in hand, is an excellent choice if you are able to kill a minion with exact damage in order to meet the card's Honourable kill condition to discount your hand.
To perform your game-winning combo, you are ideally looking for a copy of, , and some cheap spells. Additionally, you should aim to have played at least 1 copy of prior to your combo to ensure you will have the Mana to be able to pull it off. You should start off your combo by safely playing out as many spells as possible that cannot target face, such as s, s, and s in order to boost the spell damage of Mozaki. The targets for these spells are not super important, and intentionally not killing minions can be advantageous to maximise the spells you can play, with this in mind, friendly minions are also valid targets. Once you have used up these spells, you can also use your s and s on your opponent's face. After playing out all of these spells, you can then use to refill your hand and repeat the process to boost your spell damage further before using any direct-damge burn spells against your opponent to close out the game.
Against Aggro, you will have much less time to assemble your combo, often having to make a big play by Turn 6 or 7. With this in mind, you may have to put some faith in your deck and draws from. However, even if you are not able to kill your opponent, combos will nearly always clear the board and leave opponents low on Health, leaving opponents unable to remove Mozaki afterwards or low enough to be burnt down by cheap spells from and any s you redraw.
Against Control, your opponent will have access to healing and often significant amounts of Armor. While this may be daunting, it is not insurmountable and simply requires optimisation of your final combo. Generally speaking, you will have more time to assemble your combo, so you should ensure you have your Mana discounts in play as well ass ready to refresh your Mana as needed. During this time, you can also try to thin out your hand a little bit, ensuring it is not cluttered with minions like or expensive minions from . Once you finally commit to your combo, you should aim to draw exactly the remainder of your cards using your . This provides that added benefit of being able to immediately redraw your s shuffled into you deck by trading in cards like to squeeze out the maximum damage.
Mozaki OTK Mage Deck Key Cards and Swaps
Against Aggro, remove 2xfor 2x for a light early-game board presence.
- 09 Dec. 2021: Deck has been updated for the Fractured in Alterac Valley expansion. Removed 2x Arcane missiles, 2x Devolving Missiles, 2x Magic Trick, 2x Mirror Image, 2x Ray of Frost, 1x Evocation, 2x Frostbolt, 2x Sorcerer's Apprentice, 1x Bloodmage Thalnos, 2x Gadgetzan Auctioneer for 1x Hot Streak, 2x Flurry, 2x First Flame, 2x Runed Orb, 2x Ignite, 2x Multicaster, 2x Fire Sale, 2x Refreshing Spring Water, 2x Siphon Mana.
- 23 Jan. 2021: Deck added.
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- Johanna Faires Appointed Blizzard Entertainment President
- Will Microsoft Outsource Customer Support to External Companies?
- Blizzard Survival Game, Codenamed Odyssey, Was Cancelled Due to Engine Problems
- Microsoft Lays Off 1,900 Activision Blizzard and Xbox Employees
- Blizzard Celebrates the End of 2023 and Looks Ahead to 2024
- Microsoft Announced Xbox Leadership Changes Amid Bobby Kotick's Departure
- Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer Enthusiastic About Reviving Blizzard Franchises