Questline Mage Deck - United in Stormwind
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Questline Mage in The Deadmins expansion meta.
Questline Mage is a variant of Spell Mage that utilises the Sorcerer's Gambit Questline to gain a permanent Spell-Damage bonus that can be used to dominate opponents in the late game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Questline Mage Deck Mulligan Guide
Questline Mage is a spell-based Questline deck. It is important to look for key spell-synergies in the early game in order to have the strongest possible position going into the mid game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Incanter's Flow, Sorcerer's Gambit.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — First Flame, Brain Freeze.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Arcane Intellect.
Questline Mage Deck Strategy
When piloting this deck, your aim should be play Sorcerer's Gambit and then to focus on playing Incanter's Flow to reduce the cost of the remaining spells in your deck. Whilst playing the aforementioned cards, you should also look to weave in cheap Fire and Frost spells, such as First Flame and Brain Freeze to progress your Questline.
Going into the mid game you should continue to use a mix of Arcane, Fire, and Frost spells to keep the board clear of enemy minions, while finishing up the Sorcerer's Gambit Questline.
Once you finally complete your Questline, you should look to play Arcanist Dawngrasp as soon as you have the opportunity to do so. Once played, you should use the bonus spell damage to rapidly burn through your opponent's Health, refilling your hand with Cram Session as required, to close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should put more effort into controlling the board, forgoing Questline progression if necessary. In most cases, game can be won by continuously removing opposing minions until they no longer have any cards left in hand.
Against Control, you should put a much higher priority on drawing cards earlier in the game with Arcane Intellect and Refreshing Spring Water to ensure you have a healthy number of cards throughout the game. When focusing more heavily on drawing cards, you should be deep enough into your deck upon completion of your Questline, allowing you to easily draw and play your Ignites as many times as required to burn down your opponent.
Questline Mage Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Wand Thief for 1x Devolving Missiles.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Cone of Cold for 1x Wand Thief.
- 05 Nov. 2021: Deck has been updated for The Deadmines miniset. Removed 2x Apexis Blast, 2x Ring Toss, 1x Cone of Cold for 1x Devolving Missiles, 1x Flurry, 1x Wand Thief, 1x Hot Streak, 1x Ice Barrier
- 03 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast