Mech Mage Deck - Voyage to the Sunken City
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Mech Mage in Voyage to the Sunken City expansion meta.
Mech Mage is a midrange deck that is comprised almost entirely of Mech minions in order to fully take advantage of the powerful synergies within the tribe.
The deck is able to consistently open games aggressively while also consistently having the resources to continually pressure opponents throughout long games until they can no longer keep up with the deck.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Mech Mage Deck Mulligan Guide
As a midrange deck, Mech Mage relies on a solid opening curve in order to put its pressure onto opponents. To facilite this, almost any combo of early-game cards are good to keep in the mulligan, as long they allow Mana to be spent efficiently.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , , , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No additional cards required.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No additional cards required.
Mech Mage Deck Strategy
During the early game, you should look to efficiently play out your minions to make full use of your Mana and secure control of the board. If going first,can be particularly devastating for opponents as it can shutdown the use of Turn 1 Quests as well as the use of .
While playing out your minions, there are two cards that can win you the game outright,and . With that in mind, you should try to be more cautious when playing them. If your opponent has no immediate answer for them and no obvious response from their hand, then you can go ahead and play them on curve, otherwise it can be better to play another minion to help clear up the board first.
From Turn 3 onward, the deck has a strategic fork, where you can continue to play aggressively, or take a more passive approach. When facing Aggro decks with no obvious reactive tools, continuing your aggression is often the best choice to keep up your momentum and close out the game, otherwise holding back a little bit for the late game is usually preferable.
If you opt to hold back from Turn 3, there are two things you should look to achieve. Firstly, find a copy of, and secondly, you should look to apply Mana-Cost reductions like and . When combined together, Mecha-Shark can be combined with many cheap, discounted Mechs to unleash a barrage of damage upon your opponent. This allows you to obliterate your opponent's board, securing you a both value and tempo advantage, which is often essential for beating other Mech Mage and board-oriented decks. Alternatively, the damage can also be applied directly to your opponent, allowing you to burst down more controlling archetypes that would otherwise continually clear your board and heal up and damage you deal.
Against Aggro, it is best to be proactive and fight for the board throughout the game, using the tempo advantage to sticks and s to the board that can snowball out of control. The exception to this is against other Mech Mages where, if played right, the first person to play out Mecha-Sharks will often lose as the board can simply be cleared by opposing Mecha-Sharks.
Against Control, you should aim for a much more conservative approach, making full use of cards like Gorillabot A-3 and to put on light pressure, while generating resources that can be used as part of 's burst damage to close out the game.
Mech Mage Deck Card Swaps
2xcan be swapped out for 2x based on personal preference.
- 13 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs