Mozaki OTK Mage Deck List Guide - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire January 2021
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Mozaki OTK Mage Mulligan
As an OTK, you should primarily look for cards that help accelerate your strategy to close out the game as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Incanter's Flow, Arcane Intellect.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Brain Freeze.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Mozaki, Master Duelist.
Mozaki OTK Mage Strategy
During much of the game with Mozaki OTK Mage, you should focus on drawing cards as quickly and efficiently as possible. This largely involves using Incanter's Flow and Arcane Intellect. If you have 2 copies of Cram Session, 1 can also be used with Bloodmage Thalnos or a Spell Damage minion generated from Primordial Studies. If you do have any Mana spare, you can play Conjure Mana Biscuit, but you should hold on to the subsequent Mana Biscuit until your final combo, or you are in desperate need of Mana.
To perform your game-winning combo, you are ideally looking for a copy of Mozaki, Master Duelist, Cram Session, and some cheap spells. Additionally, you should aim to have your spells discounted by at least 2, either from Incanter's Flow or Sorcerer's Apprentices. From this position, you should play out the aforementioned minions and then play out all cheap spells you have, even Freezing your own minions with Ray of Frost if needed. With a large number of spells played, spell damage created from Mozaki should allow you to comfortably refill your hand with Cram Session. Once your hand is refilled, you can continue to play out any spells, saving Hero-damaging spells like Arcane Missiles and Frostbolt to deal the final points of damage to your opponent.
Against Aggro, you will have much less time to assemble your combo, often having to make a big play by Turn 6 or 7. With this in mind, you may have to put some faith in your deck and draws from Cram Session. However, even if you are not able to kill your opponent, Mozaki, Master Duelist combos will nearly always clear the board and leave opponents low on Health, leaving opponents unable to remove Mozaki afterwards or low enough to be burnt down by cheap spells from Magic Trick and Evocation.
Against Control, your opponent will have access to healing and often significant amounts of Armor. While this may be daunting, it is not insurmountable and simply requires optimisation of your final combo. Firstly, you should avoid throwing away any copies of Frostbolt or Arcane Missiles while assembling your combo as your Health will not be under pressure. Secondly, you should take extra time to assemble as large of a combo as possible, ideally using both Sorcerer's Apprentices as well as Mozaki, this will allow you to make use of Evocation at the end of your combo to look for additional damage if neccessary.
Mozaki OTK Mage Key Cards and Swaps
- 23 Jan. 2021: Deck added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2020 Earnings Call
- Will Blizzard Launch a New Title at BlizzConline?
- BlizzConLine 2021 Official Preview and Trailer
- BlizzConline Celebration Bundles in the Shop!
- What to Expect from Blizzconline 2021? (Predictions)
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade