Patchwerk Battlegrounds Guide
This guide provides in-depth information to help you play the undead construct Patchwerk better: your general gameplan, tribe and composition synergy, and additional tips to win with the hero.
Patchwerk is a hero that breaks the game right from the start: a beginning Health pool of 60 rather than 40! The large health pool allows you to tier early at the loss of health. Although you may lose some early to mid-range rounds, being at a higher Tier earlier allows you to find minions that no other player has access to!
Patchwerk lends itself to builds that utilize high-tier minions to succeed. Mechs, Beasts, and Demons are statistically the strongest tribes available, with Menagerie equally as viable due to strong 5- and 6-drop offerings.
Mechs to look out for include Deflect-o-Bot, Holy Mecherel, and Baron Rivendare.
Beasts to have on your radar as Patchwerk include Cave Hydra, Mama Bear, and Baron Rivendare.
Demons to consider include Legion Overseer, Famished Felbat, and Insatiable Ur'zul. Another helpful minion for the build includes an early Wrath Weaver from Tier 1.
Menagerie pieces to find throughout the game include Crackling Cyclone, Cave Hydra, Lightfang Enforcer, and Mythrax the Unraveler.
Important Tips & Interactions
Leveraging your Health throughout the game is a key tool to playing Patchwerk. This is often done with early leveling to Tiers 3 and 5 as well as taking Demon options like Wrath Weaver early to go hard into Demons.
Taking an early level to 3 is an intuitive way to trade Health for tempo in the early turns before you lose too much Health. Your curve from Turn 1 may look two different ways, depending on if you get a token on board or not. To illustrate:
No Token on Turn 1
- Turn 1: Buy 1 minion;
- Turn 2: Level to Tier 2;
- Turn 3: Buy 1 or 2 minions (depending on Token in T3 shop);
- Turn 4: Level to Tier 3.
Token on Turn 1
- Turn 1: Buy 1 token minion;
- Turn 2: Level to Tier 2;
- Turn 3: Sell token minion, Level to Tier 3.
Either option for leveling before Turn 5, your standard curve turn, is acceptable as it will produce similar results. I would advise from here that you do not power level to 4 the very next turn as it may be impossible to come back from the deficit in power. Instead, take your next turn after going to Tier 3 by buying strong minions, and continue your leveling the turn after.
Take a look at some videos produced by popular Battlegrounds streamers to get a good idea of what playing Patchwerk at a high level may look like!
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players