Sire Denathrius Battlegrounds Guide
This guide provides in-depth information to help you play the anima-driven Venthyr Sire Denathrius better: your general gameplan, tribe and composition synergy, and additional tips to win with the hero.
Sire Denathrius embodies the Quest era of Hearthstone Battlegrounds: his Hero Power will allow you to choose a Quest between 2 options at the start of the game and reward you with a game-changing Reward. Each game with Sire Denathrius is unique and can play differently from the last due to thousands of possible Quest and Reward combinations. Be sure to prioritize the easiest to complete Quest based on tribes available in your lobby when you are choosing on Turn 1 for an easy top-4 finish.
Each game with Denathrius can go in multiple directions depending on the choices provided to you, and as a result of this, there is no definite determination for best tribe for the hero. By the statistics, the best results can be achieved with menagerie, Mechs, and Elementals, so we will cover some minions to target in these situations you may find yourself building.
Menagerie compositions are looking to build around strong minions like, , and . They benefit greatest from Rewards like Sinfall Medallion, which will add additional stats as you look to cycle with and neutral minions.
Mech builds look to build around strong units that will summon microbots and take advantage of their naturally shielded hits. Be on the lookout for minions like divine shield to double its effectiveness.and to build around late-game. Mechs synergize greatest with Rewards like , which will add additional attack to their right-most minion, which can be a mech like with
Elementals are centered around playing many minions to provide benefit to your permanent units, andis a perfect fit with Denathrius. They benefit most from Rewards like Friends Along the Way which will synergize perfectly with and other cards that require elementals to be played from hand.
Important Tips & Interactions
As alluded to previously, the easiest Quests are the best way to play with Sire Denathrius. You are looking to trigger the Reward as soon as possible to enable amplified gameplay. It is easy to forget that without the Reward from the quest, you are playing without a Hero Power and behind everyone else in the lobby that has a Hero Power and is using it for gold value or tempo. The longer it takes to complete and fufill the quest, the weaker you will be in comparison to other heroes in the lobby.
Denathrius has a long list of possible Quests and Rewards to go along with his hero power. Here are all of the possible options for Quests, noting that each x represents a unique number based on your lobby and quest generation for that game:
- Invite the Guests: Buy (x) minions.
- Dust for Prints: Add (x) cards to your hand.
- Cry for Help: Play (x) Battlecry minions.
- Witness Protection: Have a friendly taunt minion be attacked (x) times.
- Exhume the Bones: Trigger (x) friendly Deathrattles.
- Track the Footprints: Have Bob's Tavern Refresh (x) times.
- Assemble a Lineup: Summon (x) minions.
- Unmask the Culprit: Lose or tie (x) combats.
- Find the Murder Weapon: Increase a minions stats (x) times.
- Reenact the Murder: Have (x) friendly minions die.
- Sort It All Out: Order your minions from lowest to highest attack for (x) turns.
- Follow the Money: Spend (x) Gold.
- Unlikely Duo: Play (x) of two tribes of minions.
- Hire an Investigator: End your turn with unspent Gold (x) times.
- Crack the Case: Have friendly minions attack (x) times.
Along with these objesctives to complete with each quest, there are also the correlating Rewards for each determined when you are selecting your Quest. Each x in this section denotes a specifically listed card or tribe. The rewards are as follows:
- Alter Ego: Odd Tier minions in Bob's Tavern have +7/+7. (Swaps with Even next turn!)
- Anima Bribe: After you sell a minion, give its stats to a minion in Bob's Tavern.
- Another Hidden Body: Discover a minion of your Tavern Tier. (Can be earned endlessly!)
- Cooked Book: After you buy a minion, give it +1/+1 and upgrade this.
- Devils in the Details: At the end of your turn, your left and right-most minions consume a minion in Bob's Tavern.
- Evil Twin: Start of Combat: Summon a copy of your highest-Health minion.
- Ghastly Mask: Add x to your hand. Your end of turn effects trigger twice.
- Menagerie Mayhem: At the end of your turn, give your minions +1 attack for each friendly minion type.
- Mirror Shield: After each Refresh, give a minion in Bob's Tavern +4/+4 and Divine Shield.
- Partner in Crime: Get your Golden Buddy.
- Pilfered Lamps: You only need 2 copies of a minion to make it Golden.
- Red Hand: At the start of your turn, give a minion in your hand +12/+12.
- Ritual Dagger: After a friendly Deathrattle minion dies, give it +4/+4 permanently.
- Secret Sinstone: After you discover a card, get an extra copy of it.
- Snicker Snacks: At the end of your turn, 2 friendly minions trigger their battlecries.
- Staff of Origination: Start of Combat: Give your minions +12/+12.
- Stolen Gold: Start of Combat: Make your left and right-most minions Golden.
- Teal Tiger Sapphire: Minions in Bob's Tavern have +1/+1 for each time it was Refreshed this turn.
- The Friends Along the Way: At the start of your turn, get 2 random minions from x tribe.
- The Smoking Gun: Your minions have +5 attack.
- Theotar's Parasol: At the end of your turn, give your right most minion Stealth until next turn and +8 Health.
- Tiny Henchmen: At the end of your turn, give +3/+3 to 3 friendly minions of Tier 3 or lower.
- Victim's Specter: After each combat, get a plain copy of the last friendly minion that died.
- Wonderous Wisdomball: Occasionally gives helpful refreshes.
- Yogg-Tastic Tasties: At the start of your turn, spin the Wheel of Yogg-Saron.
- Blood Goblet: At the end of your turn, give the right-most minion attack equal to your missing health.
- Essence of Zerus: At the end of your turn, get a 'Shifter Zerus' which transforms into random minions.
- Hidden Treasure Vault: At the start of your turn, gain 1 Gold. (Upgrades each turn!)
- Ethereal Evidence: At the start if every turn, choose from 2 new rewards.
- Volatile Venom: Your minions have +8/+8. After they attack, they die. Horribly.
- The Golden Hammer: Spellcraft: Make a friendly minion golden until next turn.
- Sinfall Medallion: After you play a minion, give 2 other friendly minions of its Tavern Tier +2/+2.
- Kidnap Sack: Spellcraft: Choose a non-golden minion. Add it to your hand.
- Enhance-a-matic: At the start of your turn, get an Enhanced Part that gives +5/+5 and a random bonus.
One last thing to note is to always take into account your Quest completion counter above Sire Denathrius's portrait. When making plays on your turn, be sure to always confirm what you need to do and your gold available to use. For example, if you still need 3 battlecry minions to complete Cry for Help, and you only have 6 gold remaining, you will not be able to complete the quest that turn without selling other units to get all 3. This can become important if you have selected a Reward that triggers at the beginning of your turn in the Tavern buy phase, as completing the quest may be more impactful to your long-term success.
Take a look at some videos produced by popular Battlegrounds streamers to get a good idea of what playing Sire Denathrius at a high level may look like!
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule