Watch Post Rogue Deck - Forged in the Barrens
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Watch Post Rogue play for The Forged in the Barrens expansion meta.
Watch Post Rogue is a Midrange deck makes use of Watch Post cards like Far Watch Post and Mor'shan Watch Post to hinder opponents, while using Rogue's cheap and flexible damage tools to protect them throughout the game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Watch Post Rogue Deck Mulligan Guide
Watch Post Rogue, as the name suggests, is a deck heavily reliant upon Watch Post cards. You should therefore use your mulligan to find the best cards for setting up your Watch Posts in the early game.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Efficient Octo-bot, Far Watch Post, Mor'shan Watch Post, Swindle.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Brain Freeze.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Kazakus, Golem Shaper, Jandice Barov.
Watch Post Rogue Deck Strategy
The gameplan of Watch Post Rogue is to quickly play any Watch Post minions from hand and then protect them for as long as possible with removal tools like Prize Plunderer, Wicked Stab (Rank 1), and Brain Freeze. Watch Posts can also be further protected through the use of Guardian Augmerchant on them.
Should you begin to run low on cards, you can make great use of Field Contact to quickly cycle through the range of Battlecry and Combo cards in the deck. This can be particularly abused Pen Flinger, which can be weaved inbetween every spell you play to maximise card draw.
The fluid playstyle of the decks means that there is no hard win condition and simply denying your opponent's plays with Watch Posts and putting pressure onto them will be able to win the games in most cases. However, if a game goes long, then you can make use of Kargal Battlescar to populate the board for one big push to close out the game.
Against Aggro, the Watch Posts alone will cause great problems. The increased Mana Costs and free 2/2 minions they provide will greatly punish the Aggro style of playing many cheap cards quickly. Your only priority should be keeping the board clear to protect your Watch Posts.
Against Control, you should try to extract the maximum value from your cards, which largely boils down to the use of Shadowstep. It should ideally be used on Kargal Battlescar after you have played at least 3 Watch Posts, proving you with 3 5/5 minions each time you play it. Alternatively, if you have a lower-curve hand, Jandice Barov is also an excellent target, providing you with 2 5-Cost minions with each use of Shadowstep.
Watch Post Rogue Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Tenwu of the Red Smoke, for 1x Guardian Augmerchant.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Deck Added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players