Boat Rogue Deck - Throne of the Tides
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Boat Rogue in Throne of the Tides expansion meta.
Boat Rogue is a hybrid deck that utilises a mix of Pirate Rogue cards, and combines them with an early-gameand package to dominate the board with powerful tempo plays.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Boat Rogue Deck Mulligan Guide
As this deck utilises theRogue package, you should use your mulligan to look exclusively for discountable s in addition to tradeable cards.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No further cards required.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required.
Boat Rogue Deck Strategy
During the early game, you will be concealed by, making any Rogue cards you draw count as cards from another class. This makes your priority to get the deck's package online, which can be done by simply trading away any cards you have to in order to draw cards without removing effect. On Turn 2, you may optionally use or coin out a to reach an achieve an adequate discount for your Wildpaw Gnolls as you reveal your class to your opponent. Any Gnolls can additionally be played at this point to help secure the board.
After revealing your class to your opponent and making use of anys you have, you should look to stay ahead on board for the rest of the game. You can make use of cheap spells like and to clear up any threats while developing your own board further by making use of and any minions you generate from .
As you reach the mid game, you should look to further your pressure by making use ofto develop additional minions. If you have available, you can additionally use it to immediately draw your if you opponent does not have access to board clears. From this point onward, your priority should be dealing damage to your opponent directly, making full use of the Stealth minions that the boats generate.
To close out the game you should ideally look to make use offor burst damage. As well as giving itself Charge, it can additionally be used with s in addition to using to draw s to give even more of your Pirates Charge. This can easily do 15 points of damage alone, which can be boosted even further through the use of s and s to burst down your opponent and end the game.
Against Aggro, you should try to secure the board early, taking value trades where possible to secure the board. Shadowsteping them will allow you to make multiple trades in the same turn to dominate the board. To win the game, you should focus purely on tempo, ensuring your opponent is unable to develop a board rather than relying on and Pirates for burst damage.s are excellent at this and
Against Control, you should expect to play a significantly longer game and should focus on a strong burst-damage combo. Shadowstepped immediately, any cards drawn by its effect will allow you to buff the card in your hand, giving you a large 2-Mana Pirate to pair with as part of your final burst.will often play a key strategic role in getting enough burst damage. If
Boat Rogue Deck Card Swaps
can be used in place of based on personal preference.
- 13 Jun. 2022: Deck has been updated for the Throne of the Tides miniset. Removed 2x Cutlass Courier, 2x Amalgam of the Deep, 2x Tuskarrrr Trawler, 2x Pufferfist, 2x Buccaneer, 2x Swordfish, 1x Pirate Admiral Hooktusk for 1x Mastra of the Masquerade, 2x Reconnaissance, 2x Tooth of Nefarian, 1x Vanessa VanCleef, 2x Shadowstep, 2x Shroud of Concealment, 2x Wildpaw Gnoll, 1x Shadowcrafter Scabbs.
- 13 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs