Bomb Hunter Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Bomb Hunter in the Descent of Dragons expansion.
Bomb Hunter is an aggressive Mech deck that aims to rush down opponents. It makes use of various ways to summon Goblin Bombs to use as consistent targets for Magnetic effects, allowing Magnetic minions to be used for immediate damage.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Bomb Hunter Mulligan Guide
Bomb Hunter is a very aggressive deck. As a result, it is important to use your mulligan to find a strong opening curve to begin putting on pressure as soon as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Mecharoo, Hot Air Balloon, Ursatron.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Bomb Toss.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Replicating Menace, Explodinator.
Bomb Hunter Strategy
Your aim as a Bomb Hunter should be to rush down your opponents as quickly as possible. You should make use of Deathrattle effects like Mecharoo and various ways to summon Goblin Bombs to ensure you always have minions on the board. From here, you can use Magnetic minions like Wargear and Replicating Menace to buff your board and begin dealing damage to your opponent. Generally speaking, you should avoid trading as much as possible. However, if your opponent plays a huge threat, such as a Mountain Giant, you can make use of Magnetic cards like Spider Bomb or Venomizer to buff a cheap minion on your board to use as removal. When it comes to dealing the final points of damage, you can use the combination of Missile Launcher and Venomizer to clear off any Goblin Bombs you have remaining on the field or simply trigger their Deathrattles with Fireworks Tech.
Against Aggro, you should be more mindful of your opponent's threats and make trades as necessary. Bomb Toss becomes a very useful card at removing low-Health threats, and Goblin Bombs can easily be combined with Magnetic minions so that you can instantly attack and get value trades against enemy minions.
Against Control, trading should be avoided at all costs due to the lack of card draw and therefore finite amount of damage available in the deck. It is also important to pace yourself with your threats by avoiding going too wide on the board to avoid cards like Brawl or too tall with Magnetic effects to avoid being punished by Shield Slam.
Bomb Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Unleash the Hounds for 1x Wargear, 1x Galvanizer.
- Against Control — Add 1x Boommaster Flark, for 1x Hot Air Balloon.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x Upgradeable Framebot, 2x Unleash the Hounds, for 2x Hot Air Balloon, 1x Dragonbane.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Whirliglider, 2x Dire Wolf Alpha, 1x Boommaster Flark for 2x Unleash the Hounds, 2x Galvanizer, 1x Upgradeable Framebot.
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 04 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze for 1x SN1P-SN4P.
- 07 May 2019: Guide has been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Updated for Giggling Inventor nerfs. Cut the two Venomizers for two Terrorscale Stalkers.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Updated for September. Replaced Necromechanic with Zilliax.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Deck added.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On