Astromancer — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Astromancer is a Mage-only minion. This card was introduced with The Boomsday Project and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Astromancer draws easy comparisons to Spiteful Summoner, a card which was dominant until its eventual nerf to 7 Mana. Any deck which can reliably cast Astromancer with 8 or more cards in hand will be getting a substantial return on their investment of Mana. However, the Astromancer is quite weak as a top-deck in the late game when you are empty-handed.
Astromancer is not nearly as reliable as Spiteful Summoner, which can be played along with Pyroblast to make 10 Mana minions. Control Mage decks might be tempted to play Astromancer, but they have no shortage of powerful late game cards to choose from in the current meta between The Lich King, Dragoncaller Alanna, and Alexstrasza. Perhaps after rotation, Astromancer might be able to see play in a hand-size themed Mage deck.
Most Arena decks are interested in running a couple of late game finishers. Astromancer is certainly not the most reliable of late game finishers, but it will do in a pinch for any Arena deck in need of top end. It is typically quite difficult to keep our hand full in the Arena, which makes Astromancer a relatively weak pick in decks which already have a suitable amount of late game power.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck