Face Hunter Deck - United in Stormwind
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Face Hunter in The United in Stormwind expansion meta.
Face Hunter is a hyper-aggro deck that aims to rush down opponents by dealing damage to their 'face' as quickly as possible. It largely relies on cards that can immediately do damage to opponents supplemented by theHero Power. While many cards historically used in the deck have been the prime target for nerfs in the past, it still surfaces in various meta games and proves itself as a solid deck.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Face Hunter Deck Mulligan Guide
As a hyper-aggro deck, it is incredibly important to have the fastest opener. This means prioritising finding a strong play for your first 2 turns in your mulligan.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No additional cards.
Face Hunter Deck Strategy
Face Hunter relies on a mix of Rush Minions, Charge minions, and other direct damage sources in order to kill opponents as quickly as possible. While all cards in the deck serve a similar purpose, playing the deck largely comes down to finding the most efficient order to play cards.
In the early game, you want to explode onto the board with your early-game minions likeand . These strong early game options should allow you to take a couple of value trades if your opponent puts up any resistance while being able to push moderate damage to face.
Going into the mid game, your aim is to slow your opponent down while reducing their Health as much as possible. This can be achieved by naturally by clearing up the board with cards like, , and .
The game will largely be won by your opponent's Health going down over the course of the game through consistent face damage. However, you should always be aware of how much burn damage you have in hand. In particular, cards like Quick Shot and used to deal those final points of damage to close out games.
Against Aggro, you should put a higher priority on controlling the board. If you are able to win the early-game fight for the board, you will often be able to snowball out of control and beat down your opponent, due to the lack of removal and reactive tools found in Aggro decks.
Against Control, managing your resources becomes an important skill. You should try to anticipate how long your resources in hand will last and try to make use of your Hero Power to help prolong your resources if you feel that they are not enough to close out the game.
Face Hunter Deck Card Swaps
2xcan be usd in place of 2x , to add in more direct damage at the expense of a weaker board presence.
- 05 Aug. 2021: Deck has been updated for the United in Stormwind expansion. Removed 2x Knife Vendor, 2x Scrap Shot, 2x Scavengers ingenuity, 2x Tour Guide, 2x Imprisoned Felmaw, 1x Headhunter's Hatchet for 2x Kolkar Pack Runner, 2x Wriggling Horror, 2x Aimed Shot, 2x Warsong Wrangler, 1x Barak Kodobane, 1x Trueaim Cresent, 1x Mankrik.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Deck has been reviewed for the Wailing Caverns meta.
- 14 Apr. 2021: Guide has been overhauled for the year of the Gryphon.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion. Removed 2x Adorable Infestation, 2x Dwarven Sharpshooter, 2x Imprisoned Felmaw, 1x Pressure Plate, 1x Lorekeeper Poltkelt, 1x Explosive Trap, 1x Freezing Trap for 2x Petting Zoo, 2x Inconspicuous Rider, 2x Open the Cages, 2x Mystery Winner, 1x Snake Trap, 1x Rinling's Rifle.
- 15 Sep. 2020: Guide has been completely overhauled inline with popular ladder decks.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck list has been completely overhauled for the Ashes of Outland expansion.
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 1x Reckless Rocketeer.
- 15 Dec. 2019: Deck added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Battle.net Game Deals: Shadowlands 30% Off