Galakrond Shaman Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Galakrond Shaman in The Ashes of Outland expansion meta.
Galakrond Shaman is a Midrange deck that utilises Battlecry minions and Invoke mechanics to control the board. Galakrond, the Tempest can be used in the late game for huge shifts in tempo to close out games.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Galakrond Shaman Mulligan Guide
As a Midrange deck, you should look for a smooth opening curve in your Galakrond Shaman mulligan.
- General Mulligan — Sludge Slurper, Invocation of Frost.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Dragon's Pack.
- Mulligan Against Control — Mana Tide Totem
Galakrond Shaman Strategy
When playing this deck, your aim is to smoothly curve out, making use of cheap minions like Sludge Slurper, Lackeys, and Totems to contest the board. The many Invoke cards will naturally summon Windswept Elementals to help control the board. This can be further compounded with cards like Dragon's Pack and Faceless Corruptor. Having constant access to tools to control the board will allow you to grind down your opponent with any of your minions that remain, with Galakrond, the Tempest providing a huge burst in tempo if needed.
Against Aggro, you should prioritise using and playing Invoke cards as the Windswept Elementals summoned will go a long way toward controlling the board. Should your health drop low, small amounts of healing can be gained from Kronx Dragonhoof and Galakrond, the Tempest.
Against Control, you should expect games to last longer and should prepare for this by trying to maximise the number of cards you gain from Barista Lynchen and Mana Tide Totem. You should also prioritise high-cost spells from any Ethereal Lackeys you get as cards like Eye of the Storm to greatly increase the value of your deck.
Galakrond Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Sandstorm Elemental for 2x Far Sight.
- Against Control — Add 1x Swampqueen Hagatha for 1x Mutate.
- 04 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Lifedrinker, 1x Shudderwock for 1x Lady Vashj, 1x The Lurker Below, 1x Bandersmosh.
- 10 Jan. 2020: Deck has been reviewed following the January balance patch.
- 19 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the December balance patch. Removed 2x EVIL Totem for 2x Novice Engineer.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Deck Added
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Activision Blizzard To Close France Office
- Week 1 Analysis of the Heist League from The Chaos Report
- WarCraft 2 Remake in WC3: Reforged
- Second Warcraft Movie Rumor Mentioned by Chris Metzen
- Second Source Allegedly Confirms The Burning Crusade Classic Beta in March 2021
- Introducing Icy Wiki