Highlander Demon Hunter Deck List Guide - Scholomance Academy August 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Highlander Demon Hunter in the Scholomance Academy expansion.
Highlander Demon Hunter is a Midrange Demon Hunter variant that use a single copy of each of the powerful Demon Hunter cards so that they can be further supported by the power of Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Highlander Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
Highlander Demon Hunter is Midrange deck that aims to constantly fight for control of the board throughout the game. You should use your mulligan to find a strong opening hand to gain control of the board as early as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Umberwing, Shadowhoof Slayer Netherwalker, Battlefiend.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Twin Slice, Furious Felfin.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Highlander Demon Hunter Strategy
Your early and mid-game should primarily be spent developing the board and pressuring your opponent where necessary. You should make full use of removal tools and attack buffs for your Hero to remove enemy minions to help maintain the strength of your own board as your minions chip away at opponent.
As a Midrange deck, you should ideally look to use Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza as final bursts of tempo or damage to close out games against your opponent. However, if you have absolutely no other removal options available, Zephrys can also double as removal when absolutely necessary.
Against Aggro, you should play a bit more defensively, taking additional value trades with your minion as necessary. Against decks that have a lot of burn damage, you should take note of your Health as it can drop quite fast when regularly attacking with your Hero. If you do require healing, Aldrachi Warblades is an excellent tool to do so, and when paired with attack buffs like Twin Slice it can provide a large burst of healing.
Against Control, you should try to ration your resources a bit more carefully and paying respect to board clears like Brawl. By playing your threats down slower you can chip away at your opponent's Health while forcing them to use their removal much less efficiently and allowing you to pressure them for longer.
Highlander Demon Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Nethrandamus for 1x Shadowhoof Slayer if you are facing a large number of Taunt minions.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Soul Cleave for 1x Metamorphosis.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Scholomance Academy expansion. Removed 1x Crimson Sigil Runner, 1x Imprisoned Antaen for 1x Ace Hunter Kreen, 1x Star Student Stelina.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- BlizzConline 2021 Will Be Free to Watch!
- David Kim, Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer Moves to WoW
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2020 Earnings Call
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years