Highlander Demon Hunter Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Highlander Demon Hunter in the Ashes of Outland expansion.
Highlander Demon Hunter is a Midrange Demon Hunter variant that use a single copy of each of the powerful Demon Hunter cards so that they can be further supported by the power of Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Highlander Demon Hunter Mulligan Guide
Highlander Demon Hunter is Midrange deck that aims to constantly fight for control of the board throughout the game. You should use your mulligan to find a strong opening hand to gain control of the board as early as possible.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Umberwing, Crimson Sigil Runner, Netherwalker, Battlefiend.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Twin Slice, Furious Felfin.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Skull of Gul'dan.
Due to the nature of the Outcast Mechanic, you should prioritise keeping Outcast draw cards like Crimson Sigil Runner, Skull of Gul'dan, and Spectral Sight if they are the left-most card in your mulligan.
Highlander Demon Hunter Strategy
Your early and mid-game should primarily be spent developing the board and pressuring your opponent where necessary. You should make full use of removal tools and attack buffs for your Hero to remove enemy minions to help maintain the strength of your own board as your minions chip away at opponent.
As a Midrange deck, you should ideally look to use Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza as final bursts of tempo or damage to close out games against your opponent. However, if you have absolutely no other removal options available, Zephrys can also double as removal when absolutely necessary.
Against Aggro, you should play a bit more defensively, taking additional value trades with your minion as necessary. Against decks that have a lot of burn damage, you should take note of your Health as it can drop quite fast when regularly attacking with your Hero. If you do require healing, Aldrachi Warblades is an excellent tool to do so, and when paired with attack buffs like Twin Slice it can provide a large burst of healing.
Against Control, you should try to ration your resources a bit more carefully and paying respect to board clears like Brawl. By playing your threats down slower you can chip away at your opponent's Health while forcing them to use their removal much less efficiently and allowing you to pressure them for longer.
Highlander Demon Hunter Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Nethrandamus for 1x Twin Slice if you are facing a large number of Taunt minions.
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Soul Cleave for 1x Battlefiend.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Nine Card Nerfs Are Coming Next Week
- Amazing Diablo 1 Trailer Remake With a Lot of New Footage
- 17.0.1 Server Hotfix
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's