Pure Paladin Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Pure Paladin in The Descent of Dragons expansion meta.
Pure Paladin, sometimes refered to as Paladin Paladin, is a Midrange archetype that adheres to the deckbuilding restriction of only using class cards. This allows the Battlecries of minions like Lightforged Crusader to be activated to get the deck large amounts of value in the late game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Pure Paladin Mulligan Guide
Pure Paladin is a Midrange deck that relies largely on board control. You should mulligan for a smooth opening curve to get onto the board as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan — Crystology, Brazen Zealot, Sandwasp Queen, Lightforged Zealot.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Consecration.
- Mulligan Against Control — Glowstone Technician.
Pure Paladin Strategy
Your aim when playing Pure Paladin should be to efficiently play your minions in the strongest curve possible. The stat-efficient minions in the deck make it easy to contest the board, however, if you fall behind, there are a few comeback tools in the form of Consecration and Lightforged Zealot. If you find yourself comfortably ahead on the board, you should always be looking to use Glowstone Technician to strengthen the minions in your hand and put more pressure on your opponent in the long term. Should you begin to run out of cards before you can close out the game, the deck's special card, Lightforged Crusader, provides a massive 5-card reload to keep on fighting.
Against Aggro, you should be very cautious about the deck's lack of removal tools and ensure you take value trades at every opportunity to help stay in control of the board. Over time, you will comfortably outvalue your opponent due to Lightforged Crusader.
Against Control, you should try to get the most value out of your cards. The easiest way to do this is to save Glowstone Technician until you have a full hand of minions, giving up to a +18/+18 boost in stats. You should also avoid over-committing by only having 2-3 mid-sized minions on the board at a time. This will force your opponent to burn through their removal very inefficiently until they an no longer able to deal with your threats.
Pure Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Shrink Ray for 2x Glowstone Technician.
- Against Control — Add 1x Dragonrider Talritha for 1x Sandwasp Queen.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Deck Added
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- All Ashes of Outland Cards Revealed
- Ashes of Outland Card Reveal: Crimson Sigil Runner
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Control Priest
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock
- Why am I losing?
- Dragon Hunter
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend
- Battlegrounds Strategy