Holy Paladin Deck - Murder at Castle Nathria
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Holy Paladin in The Murder at Castle Nathria expansion meta.
Holy Paladin is a Midrange deck that makes use of a range of Paladin Holy-themed cards. The deck is able to keep the board in check while able to develop its own range of minions, eventually defeating opponents through the use of powerful buffs like The Garden's Grace.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Holy Paladin Deck Mulligan Guide
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Knight of Anointment, Alliance Bannerman, Battle Vicar, Sinful Sous Chef.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Equality.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Lightforged Cariel.
Holy Paladin Deck Strategy
Holy Paladin largely relies on playing out its minions to contest the board and slow down the game. If things get out of control, there is a range of tools like Wild Pyromancer, City Tax, and Equality as needed. Through the natural tempo-based gameplay of the deck, most opponents can be adequately pressured. However, if things go late, Lightforged Cariel can be used to give a continuous stream of buffs to minions in hand through the use of Blessing of Queens to really ramp up the pressure. Eventually defeating opponents through sheer pressure or direct damage from a buffed up Mr. Smite.
Against Aggro, you should focus entirely on keeping the board under control, taking efficient trades wherever possible. If your opponent commits to a single large minion, such as those buffed by Vile Library or Righteous Defense, often sticking a single large buff like The Garden's Grace is enough to tip the balance of the game in your favour, but if things go late, the damage reduction of Lightforged Cariel in addition to a 2-damage weapon swing each turn will almost always be enough to overpower any Aggro deck.
Against Control, you should prioritise killing your opponent in one big turn. While small amounts of damage can be achieved with your minions, you should try to get Lightforged Cariel in play as soon as possible to take full advantage of Blessing of Queens. Once Cariel is online, you should try to set up a situation where Mr. Smite is your only minion in hand so that it can be continually buffed each turn in order to eventually OTK your opponent.
Holy Paladin Deck Card Swaps
Against Aggro, add 1x Spammy Arcanist for 1x Theotar, the Mad Duke.
- 11 Aug. 2022: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players