Handbuff Paladin Deck - The Deadmines
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Handbuff Paladin in The Deadmines expansion meta.
Handbuff Paladin is a Midrange deck that uses a range of minions, spells, and waepons to buff all minions in hand. Once buffs have been applied, the deck can continually churn out big minions for a low cost to slowly overwhelm opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Handbuff Paladin Deck Mulligan Guide
Handbuff Paladin is a Midrange deck that relies largely on buffing its minions quickly to ensure it does not get overwhelmed in the mid game. You should mulligan for cheap minions and early buffs to prevent this from happening.
- General Mulligan — Prismatic Jewel Kit, Alliance Bannerman, Righteous Protector, Murgur Murgurgle.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — No further cards required.
- Mulligan Against Control — Overlord Runthak.
Handbuff Paladin Deck Strategy
The aim of Handbuff Paladin is to quickly buff minions in hand throughout the early game before transitioning into a powerful mid game. Buffs can largely be achieved through the use of Prismatic Jewel Kit early combined with cheap Divine Shield in addition to the powerful effect of Alliance Bannerman. Once you have applied several buffs to your hand, you should then use your buffed minions to explode onto the board to secure it and then sending any excess damage directly towards your opponent. Should this initial tempo not be enough to overwhelm your opponent, you can compound the damage dealt through the use of Battleground Battlemaster on two high-attack minions.
Against Aggro, you should put additional effort into controlling the board. In particular, directing buffs toward your Taunt minions can help build a powerful wall in the mid game, mitigating damage and helping you stabilise from any early game aggression.
Against Control, games will last longer and you should plan accordingly. Throughout the mid game you should continue to look for opportunities to buff you minions where possible and you should stagger your large minions to ensure you do not lose them all to a single board clear. If your staggered large minions are not enough to overcome the healing of a Control deck, you can try to set up a single burst of damage through the use of Battleground Battlemaster
Handbuff Paladin Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Annoy-o-Tron for 1x Overlord Runthak.
- Against Control — Add 1x Taelan Fordring for 1x Annoy-o-Tron.
- 04 Nov. 2021: Deck has been updated for The Deadmines miniset. Removed 1x Cornelius Roame, 1x Moonfang for 2x Sunwing Squawker.
- 04 Aug. 2021: Deck Added
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players