Quest Hunter Archetype Guide
Quest Hunter became an archetype with the introduction of the Journey to Un'Goro expansion. Due to the relatively weak support cards for the deck and the inconsistency of the Quest after completion, it did not become a major archetype at that time.
With the rotation of cards associated with The Year of the Raven, Quest Hunter was given a new leash of life. It was given added consistency with Ravencaller which allowed the deck to complete the Quest more regularly.
Below, you will find link to our deck lists for Quest Hunter, starting with our featured deck, which we consider the most common variant.
J4CKIECHAN's Theorycrafted Quest Hunter Deck
- Guide written by L0rinda and last updated on Apr 11, 2018 (WW meta)
- Costs 8.2k (6 basic, 14 common, 4 rare, 2 epic, and 4 legendaries)
- Mana curve:
- Card breakdown: 2 Weapons • 3 Spells • 24 Minions
|Hunter Cards||Neutral Cards|
This version of Quest Hunter aims to rapidly complete The Marsh Queen Quest, while still having enough resources to stay in the game. The deck contains many 1-drop minions, but also employs Prince Keleseth to allow those minions to be able to fight for the board. It is a theorycraft version of the deck, created by pro player J4CKIECHAN. As such, it will change rapidly over the first few days of the new expansion.
Aim of the Archetype of Quest Hunter
This archetype relies on completing the Quest of The Marsh Queen to create a large number of Carnassa's Brood Raptors with which it floods the board to exert relentless pressure on the opponent. It contains cards such as Tol'vir Warden and Ravencaller to accelerate this process.
Strengths and Weaknesses of Quest Hunter
The deck has issues with consistency, both before and after completing the Quest. If your opponent can set up large Taunt minions, they are often able to deal with the Carnassa's Brood minions relatively easily. Against decks that do not run Taunt, the deck can repeatedly set up menacing boards against Control decks, and run them out of resources.
Key Cards and Crafting
The Marsh Queen is the point of the deck, and as such cannot be replaced.
Deathstalker Rexxar can be replaced with an extra 1-drop to add extra speed to Quest completion. This will significantly reduce the power of the deck.
- 12 Apr. 2018: Archetype page updated for The Witchwood expansion.
- Hearthstone 1.16 Update: Doom in the Tomb
- Doom in the Tomb Coming on October 8th
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- What's Coming to Hearthstone: New Events, Wild Cards to Standard and More
- Tombs of Terror Chapter 3 Available September 24th
- Small Client Update 15.2.2
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Secret Paladin
- looking for a little direction to get back into the game
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Deck Request Thread
- Quest Druid
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.