Quest Shaman Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Shaman in Ashes of Outland expansion.
Quest Shaman is a deck that revolves around the use of Battlecry minions. By playing the Corrupt the Waters Quest, it can be rapidly completed by the numerous Battlecry minions in the deck. Once the Quest is complete, the Heart of Vir'naal Hero Power can be used to double all Battlecry effects to either out-value or burn down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Quest Shaman Mulligan Guide
Quest Shaman is a Midrange deck that starts out very slow, but turns into an explosive deck in the mid game, once Corrupt the Waters has been completed. With this in mind, you should mulligan for cards to complete your Quest as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan — Corrupt the Waters, EVIL Totem, Questing Explorer, Sludge Slurper, Novice Engineer.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Sandstorm Elemental
- Mulligan Against Control — Corrupt Elementalist.
Quest Shaman Strategy
While completing the Quest, you should look to use efficient cards like Sludge Slurper and EVIL Cable Rat that effectively function as two Battlecry minions due to the Lackeys they generate. You should also play the phase of the game very defensively, removing enemy minions where possible, especially if you have an EVIL Totem in play.
Whilst completing your Quest, you can also make full use of the various Invoke cards available to empower your Galakrond, the Tempest to get double the value for your minions as well as giving you cheap Rush minions to help control the board.
Once you have completed your Quest, there are strategies you can follow-up with. Firstly, you can use your various Battlecry minions in combination with Heart of Vir'naal to generate huge value as well as moderate burst damage that can be used against your opponent. Alternatively, you can use the Hero Power with a fully Invoked Galakrond, the Tempest from turn 9 onward, allowing you to summon 4 8/8 Elementals with rush for one large push to pressure your opponent. While the latter choice has the biggest short-term gain, you should only do it if you expect to win the game as you will lose your Heart of Virnaal Hero Power afterwards.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of the Battlecries of Sandstorm Elemental and Weaponized Wasp to control the board. The burst of tempo from playing Galakrond, the Tempest will often be enough to close out the game as Aggro decks typically lack the necessary tools to regain control of the board.
Against Control, you should prioritise getting a lot more value from your cards. Using redundant minions like Sandstorm Elemental to complete your Quest will allow you to save card generation effects like Sludge Slurper, EVIL Cable Rat, and Novice Engineer to be used with Heart of Vir'naal for additional value and will allow you to continuously pressure your opponent for the entire game.
Quest Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Witch's Brew for 1x Swampqueen Hagatha.
- Against Control — Add 1x Youthful Brewmaster for 1x EVIL Totem.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Bog Slosher, 2x Lifedrinker, 2x Former Champ, 1x Shudderwock, 2x Cumulo-Maximus 2x Mutate, 2x Mogu Fleshshaper for 2x Devoated Maniac, 2x Shield of Galakrond, 2x Invocation of Frost, 2x Dragon's Pack, 2x Corrupt Elementalist, 1x Galakrond, the Tempest, 1x The Lurker Below, Sky Gen'ral Kragg.
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland pre-patch. Removed 2x Mind Control Tech for 1x Former Champ, 1x Swampqueen Hagatha.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 2x Evolve, 2x Desert Hare for 2x Cumulo-Maximus, 1x Mind Control Tech, 1x Former Champ.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Removed 2x Vulpera Scoundrel, 1x Siamat, 1x Swampqueen Hagatha, 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Hagatha's Scheme for 2x Evolve, 2x Mutate, 2x Desert Hare, 2x Novice Engineer.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Deck added.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On