Quest Shaman Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum September 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Shaman in Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Quest Shaman is a deck that revolves around the use of Battlecry minions. By playing the Corrupt the Waters Quest, it can be rapidly completed by the numerous Battlecry minions in the deck. Once the Quest is complete, the Heart of Vir'naal Hero Power can be used to double all Battlecry effects to either out-value or burn down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Quest Shaman Deck Lists
Quest Shaman Mulligan Guide
Quest Shaman is a Midrange deck that starts out very slow, but turns into an explosive deck in the mid game, once Corrupt the Waters has been completed. With this in mind, you should mulligan for cards to complete your Quest as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan — Corrupt the Waters, EVIL Totem, Questing Explorer, Sludge Slurper, EVIL Cable Rat.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Sandstorm Elemental.
- Mulligan Against Control — Vulpera Scoundrel.
Quest Shaman Strategy
While completing the Quest, you should look to use efficient cards like Sludge Slurper and EVIL Cable Rat that effectively function as two Battlecry minions due to the Lackeys they generate. You should also play the phase of the game very defensively, removing enemy minions where possible, especially if you have an EVIL Totem in play.
Once you have completed your Quest, you should try to use your minions to secure the board, with cards like Weaponized Wasp, Lackeys from EVIL Cable Rat, and Sandstorm Elemental being particularly effective. Once you are safe, you should begin to assess how much damage you have available in your hand. If your hand is low on value, you can use Vulpera Scoundrel, Barista Lynchen, and Swampqueen Hagatha to generate cards with the aid of your Heart of Vir'naal Hero Power. Once the board is under control and you have an adequate amount of cards you should begin to go on the offensive. By making use of your Hero Power, large amounts of burn damage can be generated from Kobold Lackeys, Weaponized Wasps, and Lifedrinkers to quickly close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of the Battlecries of Sandstorm Elemental and Weaponized Wasp to control the board. There is often no need to burn down opponents and the game will often end when you are able to stabilise in the late game with the Taunt minions from Giggling Inventor.
Against Control, you should prioritise getting a lot more value from your cards. Using redundant minions like Lifedrinker, Sandstorm Elemental, and Mind Control Tech to complete your Quest will allow you to save card generation effects like Sludge Slurper, EVIL Cable Rat, and Vulpera Scoundrel to be used with Heart of Vir'naal for additional value and will allow you to continuously pressure your opponent for the entire game.
Quest Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Lightning Storm for 1x Shudderwock, 1x Siamat.
- Against Control — Add 2x Former Champ for 1x Giggling Inventor, 1x Mind Control Tech.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Deck added.
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Hearthstone 1.15 Update: Tombs of Terror
- BlizzCon 2019 Key Art Unveiled
- Tavern Brawl - The League of Explorers: Revived!
- Tombs of Terror Coming September 17 - Everything You Need to Know
- Activision Blizzard Stock Jumps after Classic Launch
- The Saviors of Uldum Nerfs Patch is Live
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Hub
- HSReplay Premium Worth it?
- Quest Rogue Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Jalexander's Top 100 Legend
- Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Alutemu's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Druid
- Control Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - wiRer's Top 10 Legend
- Murloc Shaman Deck - Uldum September 2019 - Carnation's Top 30 Legend