Quest Shaman Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Quest Shaman in Descent of Dragons expansion.
Quest Shaman is a deck that revolves around the use of Battlecry minions. By playing the Corrupt the Waters Quest, it can be rapidly completed by the numerous Battlecry minions in the deck. Once the Quest is complete, the Heart of Vir'naal Hero Power can be used to double all Battlecry effects to either out-value or burn down opponents.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Quest Shaman Mulligan Guide
Quest Shaman is a Midrange deck that starts out very slow, but turns into an explosive deck in the mid game, once Corrupt the Waters has been completed. With this in mind, you should mulligan for cards to complete your Quest as quickly as possible.
- General Mulligan — Corrupt the Waters, EVIL Totem, Questing Explorer, Sludge Slurper, Novice Engineer.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Sandstorm Elemental, Mogu Fleshshaper.
- Mulligan Against Control — Bog Slosher.
Quest Shaman Strategy
While completing the Quest, you should look to use efficient cards like Sludge Slurper and EVIL Cable Rat that effectively function as two Battlecry minions due to the Lackeys they generate. You should also play the phase of the game very defensively, removing enemy minions where possible, especially if you have an EVIL Totem in play.
Once you have completed your Quest, you should try to use your minions to secure the board, with cards like Weaponized Wasp, Lackeys from EVIL Cable Rat, and Sandstorm Elemental being particularly effective. Once you are safe, you should begin to assess how much damage you have available in your hand. If your hand is low on value, you can use Novice Engineer and Lackey generation in combination with the aid of your Heart of Vir'naal Hero Power to quickly refill your hand. Once the board is under control and you have an adequate amount of cards you should begin to go on the offensive. By making use of your Hero Power, large amounts of burn damage can be generated from Kobold Lackeys, Weaponized Wasps, and Lifedrinkers to quickly close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should make full use of the Battlecries of Sandstorm Elemental and Weaponized Wasp to control the board. There is often no need to burn down opponents and the game will often end when you are able to stabilise the board in the late game.
Against Control, you should prioritise getting a lot more value from your cards. Using redundant minions like Lifedrinker, Sandstorm Elemental, and Mind Control Tech to complete your Quest will allow you to save card generation effects like Sludge Slurper, EVIL Cable Rat, and Novice Engineer to be used with Heart of Vir'naal for additional value and will allow you to continuously pressure your opponent for the entire game.
Quest Shaman Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Giggling Inventor for 1x Bog Slosher, 1x Former Champ.
- Against Control — Add 1x Swampqueen Hagatha for 1x Mind Control Tech.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 2x Evolve, 2x Desert Hare for 2x Cumulo-Maximus, 1x Mind Control Tech, 1x Former Champ.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Removed 2x Vulpera Scoundrel, 1x Siamat, 1x Swampqueen Hagatha, 2x Giggling Inventor, 2x Hagatha's Scheme for 2x Evolve, 2x Mutate, 2x Desert Hare, 2x Novice Engineer.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Deck added.
- Galakrond's Awakening Solo Adventure Guides
- Hearthstone Update 16.2 Patch Notes
- Diablo 2 Upscale Final Demo Working In-Browser
- Mists of Pandaria and WC3: Reforged 8K Upscaled Cinematics
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Hearthstone 16.0.8 Balance Update Notes
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Reno Jackson Priest Deck
- Reno Jackson
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Sir Finley
- Sir Finley Heroic Priest Deck
- Galakrond's Awakening Hub