APXVoid's Rank 18 Secret Mage Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Card List
- 2. Mana Curve
- 3. Comments On The Variation
- 4. Pros and Cons
- 5. Quick Mulligan
- 6. About the Author
- 7. ChangeLog
This variant of Secret Mage uses Ghastly Conjurer in the problematic 4-slot. It was designed by Tempo Mage specialist APXvoid, and he then piloted the deck to Rank 18 Legend. The build is largely a familiar one, but the Mana curve has been tightened up for more consistent results.
1. Card List
This deck costs 3,920 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Export string: AAECAf0EBsMBuAj7DPq/AsbBAt7NAgxxuwKVA6sE5gSWBewFo7YC17YCh70CwcECmMQCAA== (copy to clipboard)
2. Mana Curve
3. Comments On The Variation
Ghastly Conjurer is a good solution to the issue of what to play in the 4-Mana slot in the deck. At a glance, it seems that it might be worse than Water Elemental, but the Mirror Image spell created defends the board at just the time that your opponent starts to be able to fight with their minions. Water Elemental on the other hand can sometimes prove to be a little slow for this archetype.
Burgly Bully has great synergy with Archmage Antonidas, as the coins can be saved to turn into Fireballs. You rarely need a huge amount of burn to finish off an opponent, but the consistency provided by this combo means that you can find the burn that you require to finish the job that your minions started. Having access to this extra burn also means you can be a little more liberal in removing minions with your burn spells, which in turn means that your minions can be protected for longer.
4. Pros and Cons
This build of the deck has a good Mana curve, which allows for greater consistency. It does give up access to Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, which means that if you do lose control of the board too early, there is often no way back, and you will have to switch to the burn plan earlier than is preferable.
5. Quick Mulligan
You should generally mulligan for the following cards:
You can also keep synergetic starting hands, such as ones including both Kirin Tor Mage and secrets.
For a full guide, please consult the Featured Secret Mage guide.
6. About the Author
L0rinda has extensive experience with Hearthstone. After starting out with Arena and becoming one of the most prominent streamers in that format, he moved over to Constructed and now primarily spends his time as a caster for Blizzard, Starladder, and Dreamhack.
7. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 17 Aug. 2017: Deck added. APXvoid's rank 18 Secret Mage variant.
- What's the Move #19 - Shadowy Thoughts
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard