Cheap Mech Mage Wild Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Cheap Mech Mage Card List
- 2. Cheap Mech Mage Mana Curve
- 3. Comments on Cheap Mech Mage
- 4. Cheap Mech Mage Card Swaps
- 5. About the Author
- 6. Changelog
This Mage deck:
- has been designed for players who have levelled most classes to Level 10, cleared the AI, and are looking to start climbing in Ranked mode;
- costs 1,000 Arcane Dust or less;
- is built entirely of Basic, Common and Rare cards.
While this deck will not immediately make you competitive at the highest levels of Ranked mode, it is strong, and replicates many key strategies of high level Mage decks while using cheaper cards. If played well, it can certainly hold its own against decks of higher cost.
In addition to listing the deck, we will also discuss the cards that are included and how they are best used, as well as explaining the reasoning behind cards that are not included. Finally we will explain how you can improve the deck through various resources you may have available.
Note that to succeed with this deck (as with all decks), you need to make the correct decisions while playing. For this reason, we advise you to also read these two articles: Card Advantage and Why Am I Losing?.
1. Cheap Mech Mage Card List
This deck costs 1,000 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Cheap Mech Mage Mana Curve
3. Comments on Cheap Mech Mage
This cheap Mech Mage deck is based around the full budget Wild variant. The core Mech package is very similar, however it should be noted that it lacks some of the late-game threats. To compensate for the lack of threats, a slightly more aggressive stance should be taken to ensure you do not run out of cards before you are able to kill your opponent.
4. Cheap Mech Mage Card Swaps
Obviously, as a Cheap deck, this list has a lot of room for improvement. As you progress with the game and gain access to more cards and Arcane Dust, here are some additions that you may consider.
Arcane Intellect is the weakest card in this budget deck and both copies can be temporarily replaced by Azure Drake if you have it available. Once you have access to a larger collection, these cards will eventually be replaced by Dr. Boom and Archmage Antonidas, or Ragnaros the Firelord as an alternative.
Both copies Flamestrike can be replaced with Unstable Portal to add more consistency to the early-game and while Flamestrike is an extremely powerful spell, it is unable to gain the desired value in an aggressive deck.
For other strong cards to consider, look at our full budget Mage decks, or our Crafting Guide.
5. About the Author
This guide is presented to you by Kat, a professional Hearthstone player competing at the highest level since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
- 10 Aug. 2017: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the KotFT meta.
- 29 Jun. 2017: Guide has been updated to the new Archetype format.
- 02 Apr. 2017: This deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Journey to Un'Goro meta.
- 23 Dec. 2016: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for Means Streets of Gadgetzan meta.
- 09 Nov. 2016: Deck added.
- Tavern Brawl: Monster Smash
- Hallow's End Is Live on Hearthstone
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #27
- Balance Changes to Giggling Inventor, Mana Wyrm & Aviana
- Hearthstone BlizzCon Virtual Ticket Rewards: Card Back & Packs
- Twitch Rivals: The Hearthstone Gold Rush Challenge
- Tavern Brawl: Boss Battle Royale 2
- Hallow's End Begins October 17 - Tavern Brawls, Dual Class Arena, Sir Annoy-o
- Basic Rogue Deck
- Puzzle Lab's Survival Puzzles
- Why has ranked gotten harder?
- Mecha'thun Priest
- How do I post a deck?
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Cubelock (Warlock Cube)