Cheap Tempo Mage Wild Deck
Table of Contents
- 1. Cheap Wild Tempo Mage Card List
- 2. Cheap Wild Tempo Mage Mana Curve
- 3. Comments onCheap Wild Tempo Mage
- 4. Cheap Wild Tempo Mage Card Swaps
- 5. About the Author
- 6. Changelog
This Mage deck:
- has been designed for players who have levelled most classes to Level 10, cleared the AI, and are looking to start climbing in Ranked mode;
- costs 1,000 Arcane Dust or less;
- is built entirely of Basic, Common and Rare cards.
While this deck will not immediately make you competitive at the highest levels of Ranked mode, it is strong, and replicates many key strategies of high level Mage decks while using cheaper cards. If played well, it can certainly hold its own against decks of higher cost.
In addition to listing the deck, we will also discuss the cards that are included and how they are best used, as well as explaining the reasoning behind cards that are not included. Finally we will explain how you can improve the deck through various resources you may have available.
Note that to succeed with this deck (as with all decks), you need to make the correct decisions while playing. For this reason, we advise you to also read these two articles: Card Advantage and Why Am I Losing?.
1. Cheap Wild Tempo Mage Card List
This deck costs 980 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
2. Cheap Wild Tempo Mage Mana Curve
3. Comments onCheap Wild Tempo Mage
This cheap Tempo Mage deck is based around the full budget Wild variant. The overall strategy is very similar, however it should be noted that it lacks some of the late-game threats. To compensate for the lack of threats, a slightly more aggressive stance should be taken to ensure you do not run out of cards before you are able to kill your opponent.
4. Cheap Wild Tempo Mage Card Swaps
Obviously, as a Cheap deck, this list has a lot of room for improvement. As you progress with the game and gain access to more cards and Arcane Dust, here are some additions that you may consider.
If you have access to the One Night in Karazhan Expansion then Firelands Portal is an excellent card and a copy can be included over Flamestrike and an optional second copy can used over Faceless Summoner if you are not using one of the Legendary minions mentioned above.
For other strong cards to consider, look at our full budget Mage decks, or our Crafting Guide.
5. About the Author
This guide is presented to you by Kat, a professional Hearthstone player competing at the highest level since closed beta. She is a consistent legend player in both Wild and Standard with multiple high-rank finishes.
- 10 Aug. 2017: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the KotFT meta.
- 29 Jun. 2017: Guide updated for new archetype format. -1 Unstable Portal, -1 Azure Drake, +2 Flamewaker.
- 02 Apr. 2017: This deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Journey to Un'Goro meta.
- 23 Dec. 2016: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for Means Streets of Gadgetzan meta.
- 09 Nov. 2016: Deck added.
- Belligerent Gnome Reveal: Rastakhan's Rumble
- Ticket Scalper & Heavy Metal! Reveals: Rastakhan's Rumble
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- R/Hearthstone BlizzCon 2018 Interview
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Time Out! Card Reveal by Wronchi
- Update 12.4: New Classic Cards & Rastakhan's Rumble Pre-Purchase
- Hearthstone Hits 100 Million Players, Rewards Inc!
- Shaman Dungeon Run
- Control Warrior
- Malygos Rogue
- Basic Druid Deck
- UK Players
- Whats the cheapest class to get into?
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- OTK Mage