Dragon Paladin Deck List Guide - Saviors of Uldum August 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Dragon Paladin in The Saviors of Uldum expansion.
Dragon Paladin is a Midrange archetype that has been on the fringe of playability several times throughout Hearthstone's history. The Rise of Shadows expansion adds many powerful tools to the archetype, such as Bronze Herald and Dragon Speaker, to give it the opportunity to fight for the title of the strongest Dragon deck in the meta.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Dragon Paladin Mulligan Guide
Dragon Paladin is a Midrange deck that focuses on Dragon synergies. In your mulligan, you should look for a solid curve of minions to secure control of the board and powerful Dragon-synergy cards that empower the deck.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Argent Squire, Firetree Witchdoctor, Dragon Speaker.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Cathedral Gargoyle, Consecration.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Countess Ashmore.
Dragon Paladin Strategy
Dragon Paladin is a fairly standard Midrange deck that should aim to play 1 card each turn on curve and the biggest decision you will have each turn will be which card to play. The choice you make will come down to the state of the game and your hand. For example, with Dragon Speaker in hand, you should prioritise playing non-Dragon cards until it is played. Similarly, you should reserve cards like Dragonmaw Scorcher and Crowd Roaster for turns they will remove a minion. As a general rule, you should take value trades when available, but focus on attacking your opponent directly when they are not so as to use the natural Midrange tempo to beat down your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should put more emphasis on controlling the board and make full use of Consecration when you can. You should try to save Blessing of Kings for defensive minions like Zilliax, Crystalsmith Kangor, and Cathedral Gargoyle to set up the most defensive position possible to ensure you do not get overrun by wide boards. Over time you will eventually be able to out-value your opponent and win through attrition.
Against Control, you should not have to adjust too much. The natural Midrange style of playing one medium-sized minion per turn is particularly difficult for Control decks to deal with. However, you should be careful not to overextend into board clears as 3 minions is usually enough to pressure your opponent. If the game does go longer, both Tirion Fordring and Countess Ashmore are excellent value tools that will help you keep up the pressure in the late game.
Dragon Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Glow-Tron, for 1x Tirion Fordring, 1x Countess Ashmore.
- Against Control — Add 1x Cairne Bloodhoof, 1x Ysera for 2x Argent Squire.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the Saviors of Uldum Expansion.
- 02 Jul. 2019: Deck has been updated for the July card rotation. Removed 1x Faerie Dragon for 1x Brightwing.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Nightmare Amalgam, 1x Crowd Roaster for 2x Glowstone Technician.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Meta Report: Saviors of Uldum Week One
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2019 Earnings Call
- We've Upgraded Our Hearthstone Section!
- Saviors of Uldum Day 3: the Best Decks So Far
- Tavern Brawl: The Standard Brawliseum
- We Built a Quest Deck for Every Class in Saviors of Uldum
- Saviors of Uldum is Live Worldwide
- Every New Card from the Saviors of Uldum Reveal Stream
- Taunt Warrior Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Dono's Top 50 Legend
- Token Quest Shaman Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Integer's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Zoo Warlock Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Robot Wizard's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Meati's Top 10 Legend
- Combo Priest Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Rolle's Top 20 Legend
- Tempo Rogue Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Tortosh's Top 50 Legend
- Reno Mage Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Apxvoid's Rank 1 Legend
- Holy Wrath OTK Paladin Deck - Uldum August 2019 - Shuzo's Top 50 Legend