Dragon Paladin Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Dragon Paladin in The Ashes of Outland expansion.
Dragon Paladin is a Midrange archetype that has been on the fringe of playability several times throughout Hearthstone's history. The Descent of Dragons expansion has added many powerful cards like Bronze Explorer, Amber Watcher, and Dragonrider Talritha to provide a significant boost to the archetype.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Dragon Paladin Mulligan Guide
Dragon Paladin is a Midrange deck that focuses on Dragon synergies. In your mulligan, you should look for a solid curve of minions to secure control of the board and powerful Dragon-synergy cards that empower the deck.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Argent Squire, Imprisoned Sungill, Tasty Flyfish, Murgur Murgurgle.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Truesilver Champion, Scalerider.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Dragon Speaker.
Dragon Paladin Strategy
Dragon Paladin is a fairly standard Midrange deck that should aim to play 1 card each turn on curve and the biggest decision you will have each turn will be which card to play. The choice you make will come down to the state of the game and your hand. For example, with Dragon Speaker in hand, you should prioritise playing non-Dragon cards until it is played. Similarly, you should reserve cards like Scalerider and Scalelord for turns they will remove a minion. As a general rule, you should take value trades when available, but focus on attacking your opponent directly when they are not so as to use the natural Midrange tempo to beat down your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should put more emphasis on controlling the board and make full use of Consecration when you can. As the deck only has a few tools to deal with wide boards, you should take value trades where possible to ensure you do not get overrun by faster decks.
Against Control, you should not have to adjust too much. The natural Midrange style of playing one medium-sized minion per turn is particularly difficult for Control decks to deal with. However, you should be careful not to overextend into board clears as 3 minions is usually enough to pressure your opponent. In case the game does go longer, you should prioritise high-cost Dragons from your Bronze Explorer Discoveries. Similarly, you should also ensure that you are copying as many minions as possible when you opt to use Barista Lynchen.
Dragon Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Rocket Augmerchant, for 1x Big Ol' Whelp, 1x Scalelord.
- Against Control — Add 1x Ysera for 1x Argent Squire.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Firetree Witchdoctor, 2x Dragonmaw Scorcher, 2x Cathedral Gargoyle, 1x Crowd Roaster, 1x Crystalsmith Kangor for 2x Tasty Flyfish, 2x Faerie Dragon, 2x Imprisoned Sungill, 1x Scalelord, 1x Murgur Murgurgle.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x Countess Ashmore, 1x Tirion Fordring, 2x Glowstone Technician, 1x Zilliax, 1x Faerie Dragon, 1x Brightwing, 1x Bronze Herald, 2x Blessing of Kings for 2x Bronze Explorer, 1x Dragonrider Talritha, 1x Frizz Kindleroost, 2x Amber Watcher, 2x Big Ol' Whelp, 2x Scalerider.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the Saviors of Uldum Expansion.
- 02 Jul. 2019: Deck has been updated for the July card rotation. Removed 1x Faerie Dragon for 1x Brightwing.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Nightmare Amalgam, 1x Crowd Roaster for 2x Glowstone Technician.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's