Dragon Paladin Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons December 2019
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Dragon Paladin in The Descent of Dragons expansion.
Dragon Paladin is a Midrange archetype that has been on the fringe of playability several times throughout Hearthstone's history. The Descent of Dragons expansion has added many powerful cards like Bronze Explorer, Amber Watcher, and Dragonrider Talritha to provide a significant boost to the archetype.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Dragon Paladin Mulligan Guide
Dragon Paladin is a Midrange deck that focuses on Dragon synergies. In your mulligan, you should look for a solid curve of minions to secure control of the board and powerful Dragon-synergy cards that empower the deck.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Argent Squire, Firetree Witchdoctor.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Cathedral Gargoyle, Scalerider.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Dragon Speaker.
Dragon Paladin Strategy
Dragon Paladin is a fairly standard Midrange deck that should aim to play 1 card each turn on curve and the biggest decision you will have each turn will be which card to play. The choice you make will come down to the state of the game and your hand. For example, with Dragon Speaker in hand, you should prioritise playing non-Dragon cards until it is played. Similarly, you should reserve cards like Dragonmaw Scorcher and Crowd Roaster for turns they will remove a minion. As a general rule, you should take value trades when available, but focus on attacking your opponent directly when they are not so as to use the natural Midrange tempo to beat down your opponent.
Against Aggro, you should put more emphasis on controlling the board and make full use of Consecration when you can. As the deck only has a few tools to deal with wide boards, you should take value trades where possible to ensure you do not get overrun by faster decks.
Against Control, you should not have to adjust too much. The natural Midrange style of playing one medium-sized minion per turn is particularly difficult for Control decks to deal with. However, you should be careful not to overextend into board clears as 3 minions is usually enough to pressure your opponent. In case the game does go longer, you should prioritise high-cost Dragons from your Bronze Explorer Discoveries. Similarly, you should also ensure that you are copying as many minions as possible when you opt to use Barista Lynchen.
Dragon Paladin Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Glow-Tron, for 1x Big Ol' Whelp, 1x Crowd Roaster.
- Against Control — Add 1x Ysera for 1x Argent Squire.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 1x Countess Ashmore, 1x Tirion Fordring, 2x Glowstone Technician, 1x Zilliax, 1x Faerie Dragon, 1x Brightwing, 1x Bronze Herald, 2x Blessing of Kings for 2x Bronze Explorer, 1x Dragonrider Talritha, 1x Frizz Kindleroost, 2x Amber Watcher, 2x Big Ol' Whelp, 2x Scalerider.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Guide reviewed for September play season.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the Saviors of Uldum Expansion.
- 02 Jul. 2019: Deck has been updated for the July card rotation. Removed 1x Faerie Dragon for 1x Brightwing.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Nightmare Amalgam, 1x Crowd Roaster for 2x Glowstone Technician.
- 01 May 2019: Deck has been moved to the fun category for the May play season.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck added.
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Drop down at end of season
- Dragon Hunter
- Embiggen Druid
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Pepe's Rank 5 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Misplay's Top 10 Legend
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Orange's Top 10 Legend
- Need help with "Charon's Top 200 Legend Token Druid Deck - Galakrond's Awakening January 2020"
- Chenvaala Priest Deck