Exodia Mage Quest Deck
This deck aims to harness the full power of the Mage Quest reward, Time Warp. By taking advantage of powerful Freeze effects, it aims to stall the game to allow enough time to complete the Mage Quest Open the Waygate while simultaneously trying to draw sufficient combo pieces to win the game.
Exodia Mage Card List
This deck costs 7,300 and it is made up of the following cards.
|Mage Cards||Neutral Cards|
Exodia Mage Mana Curve
Comments On Exodia Mage
OTK Mage, often referred to as "Exodia Mage", is a Freeze Mage variant that stalls the game in order to create a situation where 4 Sorcerer's Apprentices and Archmage Antonidas can be put onto the board at the same time to create a source of unlimited Fireballs to burn down opponents. The addition of the Quest reward, Time Warp, makes the combo significantly easier to pull off, preventing opponents from being able to react if all of the correct combo pieces are in hand.
The additional Novice Engineers present in this variant add a nice boost to card draw. They can be kept in your opening hand, allowing you to start aggressively cycling through your deck as soon as possible.
Only against the most aggressive decks should you ever consider playing Sorcerer's Apprentice or Molten Reflection, as they are a key part of your win condition, which is almost impossible to pull out without exactly the right cards in hand.
The deck is very focused around assembling a specific combo and generally lacks the resources to win the game any other way. The primary win condition involves playing 2 copies of Sorcerer's Apprentice, which are then copied twice using Molten Reflection in addition to Archmage Antonidas with the help of Time Warp. The overall Mana cost of the cards is huge, but made possible due to the huge Mana reduction of playing many Apprentices. The combination of getting 4 Apprentices on board and playing Time Warp only costs a total of 8 Mana. If you play the combo on turn 10, you will have 2 Mana to spare to play Cabalist's Tomes and any other generated spells to complete your Quest if you had not done so already. Once you have all the relevant minions on play, you will be able to play an endless supply of Fireballs, killing any opponent not protected by Ice Block.
Occasionally, it is possible to win without Time Warp, usually against Aggro decks where you have identified that you have no time to complete your Quest. This can either mean using your minions and spells to fight for the board and run your opponent out of resources or get Archmage Antonidas to stick onto the board, killing your opponent with Fireballs over multiple turns. However, it is important to note that this line of play is risky and if your opponent manages to clear your minions you will struggle to end the game without your combo.
Exodia Mage Pros and Cons
This variation is much more rigid than some of the alternatives, requiring an exact 5 card combination in addition to Time Warp to be able to reliably kill opponents. However, the combo itself is one of the most powerful possible and is almost limitless in the amount of damage it can do, allowing it to take down even the most resilient Control decks with ease.
- 11 Apr. 2018: Deck moved to the Wild format.
- 22 Dec. 2017: Removed 2x Shifting Scroll, 1x Aluneth for 2x Coldlight Oracle, 1x Babbling Book.
- 08 Dec. 2017: Deck updated for the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion. Removed 2x Coldlight Oracle, 2x Ghastly Conjurer, 1x Babbling Book, 1x Blood Mage Thalnos for 2x Leyline Manipulator, 2x Shifting Scroll, 1x Cabalist's Tome, 1x Aluneth.
- 11 Aug. 2017: Deck updated for the KotFT expansion. Removed 1x Loot Hoarder, 1x Cabalist's Tome, 1x Frostbolt, for 2x Ghastly Conjurer, 1x Babbling Book.
- 28 Jun. 2017: Guide updated to new archetype format.
- 07 Apr. 2017: Deck added.
- Hearthstone 1.16 Update: Doom in the Tomb
- Doom in the Tomb Coming on October 8th
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- What's Coming to Hearthstone: New Events, Wild Cards to Standard and More
- Tombs of Terror Chapter 3 Available September 24th
- Small Client Update 15.2.2
- Tombs of Terror Chapters 1 & 2 Now Available
- Changes for Masters Qualifiers, Ladder, and More
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Secret Paladin
- looking for a little direction to get back into the game
- Dalaran Heist 5th wing won't unlock
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Deck Request Thread
- Quest Druid
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.