Galakrond Pirate Warrior Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland April 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Galakrond Pirate Warrior in The Ashes of Outland expansion meta.
Galakrond Pirate Warrior is a Pirate Warrior variant that uses Galakrond, the Unbreakable to gain attack buffs and draw minions in the late game. It is slower but more consistent than its non-Galakrond counterpart.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Galakrond Pirate Warrior Mulligan Guide
As a hyper-Aggro deck, it is essential for you to look for the fastest possible opening hand when playing Pirate Warrior.
- General Mulligan — Sky Raider, Ancharrr.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Parachute Brigand, Ritual Chopper.
- Mulligan Against Control — Skybarge
Galakrond Pirate Warrior Strategy
The aim of this deck is to rapidly construct a board of minions and then rush down opponents with a mix of minion and weapon damage. You should plan your early game carefully and try to play it in such a way that you can develop a strong board as efficiently as possible. As a general rule, you should avoid trading with enemy minions but, if a minion poses a large threat, you should try to use your Hero to do it, making use of weapons and attack buffs from Invoking Galakrond, the Unbreakable. Following a strong curve and prioritising damaging your opponent as much as possible should be enough to close out your games.
Against Aggro, trading with enemy minions should be a higher priority, especially those which threaten to snowball out of control like Questing Adventurer or Frothing Berserker. For the most part, you should use your Hero to do the trading, as this will allow you maintain the strongest possible board. However, if your opponent threatens to kill you first, you should switch to trading with minions later in the game to minimise the risk of your opponent bursting you down.
Against Control, games will last slightly longer and you should plan accordingly. Ensuring you have Invoked the necessary 4 times to fully upgrade Galakrond, the Unbreakable is very important and will significantly improve the amount of value it adds to your hand when played. Similarly, if you have access to Ancharrr in the early game you should avoid playing any other weapons until you have played Hoard Pillager. This will ensure you reequip the Ancharrr and will allow you to stay on the offensive for longer.
Galakrond Pirate Warrior Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Imprisoned Gan'arg for 1x Captain Greenskin, 1x Arcanite Reaper.
- Against Control — Add 1x Faceless Corruptor for 1x Devoted Maniac.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins, 2x Town Crier, 2x Faceless Corrupter for 1x Awaken!, 2x Battle Rage, 2x Scion of Ruin.
- 10 Jan. 2020: Deck has been reviewed for the January balance patch.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Deck Added
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On