Galakrond Zoo Warlock Deck List Guide - Descent of Dragons January 2020
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Galakrond Zoo Warlock in The Descent of Dragons expansion meta.
The January balance patch increasing the cost of Fiendish Rites has significantly weakened the deck. However, with no alternatives available, this remains the strongest build of the archetype.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Galakrond Zoo Warlock Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, it is important to look for a strong curve in your mulligan to get the fastest possible start.
- General Mulligan — Flame Imp, Blazing Battlemage, Knife Juggler.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Voidwalker.
- Mulligan Against Control — Dragonblight Cultist, Fiendish Rites
Galakrond Zoo Warlock Strategy
Zoo Warlock decks revolve around developing a strong board position as efficiently as possible. You should try to piece together a curve that allows you to get your highest-Attack minions on the board, while losing as little as possible in the process. To do this, the deck relies on trading minions much more heavily than other Aggro decks and you should always be thinking about when to trade and when not to trade. As a general rule, you should only look for value trades. However, if you have a high-value minion, such as a Knife Juggler, it is often worth trading off one of your less important minions, such as a Flame Imp, in order to protect it.
The Galakrond, the Wretched component plays into the Zoo Warlock strategy by providing a great source of minions via Galakrond's Malice. With this in mind, Invoke cards should largely be played as an additional means to populate the board.
This deck largely wins by using its efficient development of minions to snowball out of control and become too much for opponents to handle. If you find yourself reaching the late game, you can use Galakrond, the Wretched, ideally fully upgraded, for one final push to close out the game.
Against Aggro, you should focus much more heavily on controlling the board and playing carefully around ways they can interact with their own board, such as Faceless Corruptor. As Aggro decks typically do not run board clears, you can comfortably win by committing to the board as heavily as possible.
Against Control, you should expect to play a much longer game and plan accordingly. You should make additional use of your Life Tap Hero Power once you have a solid board position; this will usually be when you have 4-5 minions. The additional card draw from your Hero Power will provide you with the cards to repopulate after your opponent inevitably clears your board so that you can maintain an aggressive position throughout the game.
Galakrond Zoo Warlock Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x SN1P-SN4P for 1x Leeroy Jenkins.
- Against Control — Add 1x Valdris Felgorge for 1x Blazing Battlemage.
- 10 Jan. 2020: Deck has been reviewed following the January balance patch.
- 20 Dec. 2019: Deck Added
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Dragon Hunter
- Embiggen Druid
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Pepe's Rank 5 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Misplay's Top 10 Legend
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Orange's Top 10 Legend
- Need help with "Charon's Top 200 Legend Token Druid Deck - Galakrond's Awakening January 2020"
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List