Questline Warlock Deck - United in Stormwind
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Questline Warlock in The Deadmines expansion meta.
Questline Warlock is a unique deck that utilises self-damaging effects to fully completeQuestline. Upon using the Questline reward, the deck is then able to reflect its self-damaging effects towards opponents in order to quickly burn down their Health.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Questline Warlock Deck Mulligan Guide
As with playing most Questline decks, it is important to look for key cards in your opening hand to speed up your Questline progression.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Drain Soul. ,
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — .
Questline Warlock Deck Strategy
After playingon Turn 1, your primary aim should be to maximise self-damage done to your Hero, while also finding opporunities to draw cards along the way, which can mostly be achieved through the use of and the Hero Power. While drawing through your deck, you will come across a slew of discounted minions, such as and that can freely be played when you have the Mana to do so.
As you continue through the game, you should make use of cards likeand to keep the board under control, and avoid taking damage from sources that are not your own.
As you progress through the game, you will naturally be able to close things out in one of two different ways:
- As you naturally play out your discounted big minions throughout the game, it is possible your opponent is unable to handle them and you can chip away at their Health. This advantage can be compounded through the use of to deal massive amounts of damage to unprepared opponents.
- Alternatively, should the game go long enough, you will eventually be able to complete your Questline. Once this is done, and you are able to play , you can consitently chip away at your opponent's Health as you use your self-damaging effects, including fatigue damage if needed.
Against Aggro, your primary focus should be to keep the board under control. The sheer damage output of Aggro decks means that it is unlikely that you will be able to finish your Questline and should therefore play more as if you were a normal Control deck instead.
Against Control, you should expect to win with your Questline in most cases. As Control decks have an abundance of removal, it is likely they will be able to comfortably remove all of your big minions. With this in mind, when given the choice between making a board presence or progression your Questline, you should prioritise your Questline to speed up the game.
Questline Warlock Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 2x Mortal Coil and 1x . for 1x
- Against Aggro — Add 1x for 1x .
- 05 Nov. 2021: Deck has been updated for The Deadmines miniset. Removed 1x Mortal Coil, 2x Soul Shear, 1x Unstable Shadow Blast, 2x Darkglare, 2x Free Admission, 2x School Spirits, 2x Demonic Assault, 2x Nightshade Matron, 2x Runed Mithril Rod, 1x The Dark Portal, 2 Hand of Gul'dan, 2x Stealer of Souls for 2x Tour Guide, 2x Shadowblade Slinger, 2x Cult Neophyte, 1x Tamsin Roame, 2x Blood Shard Bristleback, 2x Soul Rend, 1x Battleground Battlemaster, 2x Barrens Scavenger, 1x Anetheron, 2x Goldshire Gnoll, 2x Flesh Giant.
- 04 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Activision Blizzard Halts New Sales in Russia
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2021 Financial Results
- Blizzard Lead Mike Ybarra Teases Potential Announcements
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)