Murloc Warlock Deck - Voyage to the Sunken City
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Murloc Warlock in The Voyage to the Sunken City expansion meta.
Murloc Warlock is an aggressive tribal deck that utilises Murloc synergies to dominate the board. While Murlocs individually are quite weak, when played together, they allow the deck to snowball out of control quickly, often catching opponents off-guard for swift victories.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Murloc Warlock Deck Mulligan Guide
In your mulligan you should look for a strong early-game opener as Murloc Warlock is at its strongest at low Mana costs, becoming less effective as the game goes longer.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , , and .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — .
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required.
Murloc Warlock Deck Strategy
Unlike more traditional Murloc decks, this modern iteration of Murloc Warlock aims for a more passive early game to give itself long-term benefits. Ideally you should open up withfollowed by in order to give a significant buff to any Murlocs in your hand. If this is not possible, making use of is also a strong alternative.
Once you have given some buffs to your Murlocs in-hand, you can begin populating the board with your cheaper Murlocs to generate some pressure. If your opponent has developed their own board, you can make use ofand to help Rush in and clean up the board.
If you your initial push has not dealt critical damage, you can begin making use of resource-efficient Murlocs like, , and to ensure you do not run out of resources, whilst also keeping up the aggression. Continuing in this manner, making use of any further handbuffs from and , should provide you with a constant stream of aggression that will eventually become too much for your opponent to handle, allowing you to close out the game.
Against Aggro, making full use of Rush minions is essential in order to make sure you do not fall behind on the board. Due to the snowballing nature of Murlocs, trading with enemy minions to protect your Murlocs is very beneficial, as you will almost be able to finish off your opponent in a single turn once your board has grown large enough.
Against Control, you should plan your turns with a longer game in mind. This can often involve usingon Turn 2 in order to get a larger benefit from your s and s in addition to finding time to draw additional cards with to help fight your opponent's board clears.
Murloc Warlock Deck Card Swaps
1x Murloc Tinyfin can be used in place of 1x based on personal preference.
- 15 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs