Imp Curse Warlock Deck - Murder at Castle Nathria
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Curse Imp Warlock in The Maw and Disorder expansion meta.
Curse Imp Warlock is a hybrid deck that utilises the aggressive early game of imp-based Zoo Warlock decks to secure the board, while it uses its powerful card-draw engine of Impending Catastrophe to transition into a powerful late-game deck that utilises Curse cards like Za'qul to close out the game.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Imp Curse Warlock Deck Mulligan Guide
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Flame Imp, Flustered Librarian, Bloodbound Imp.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Touch of the Nathrezim.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Dreadlich Tamsin.
Imp Curse Warlock Deck Strategy
Imp Curse Warlock starts out strong in the early game, dominating the board with cheap minions like Flame Imp, Bloodbound Imp, and Flustered Librarian. This advantage can be compounded further through the use of Vile Library while also being able to comfortably draw cards with Impending Catastrophe.
As the deck reaches the mid game, it can continue its aggression to close out the game if it still has momentum from the early game, ending the game as an Aggro deck. Alternatively, it can use its strong card draw to transition into a longer game, focusing on playing Curse cards like Sira'kess Cultist to deal increasing damage to opponents to inevitably kill them over time.
Against Aggro, you should look to make use of the additional removal cards like Grimoire of Sacrifice, Touch of the Nathrezim, and Drain Soul to stay in strong control of the board throughout the game.
Against Control, you should focus on maximising the value of your Curse throughout the game by pairing Battlecries like Sira'kess Cultist with Brann Bronzebeard and Dragged Below with Tamsin Roame to ensure you can full maximise the damage from your Curse during the game.
Imp Curse Warlock Deck Card Swaps
Against Control, add 1x Theotar, the Mad Duke for 1x Drain Soul for additional counterplay against win conditions like Sire Denathrius and The Jailer.
- 28 Sep. 2022: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players