Imp Zoo Warlock Deck - Murder at Castle Nathria
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Imp Zoo Warlock play for The Murder at Castle Nathria meta.
Zoo Warlock is an aggressive board-centric deck that has existed since the beginning of Hearthstone. It uses cheap and powerful minions to flood the board to create an early dominant board position that can snowball out of control for quick victories.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Imp Zoo Warlock Deck Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, Imp Zoo Warlock needs to be very quick onto the board in order to secure dominant board position to begin making use of the powerful synergies in the deck.
- General Mulligan — Flame Imp, Vile Library, Flustered Librarian, Fiendish Circle, Wicked Shipment.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — No Further cards required.
- Mulligan Against Control — Imp King Rafaam.
Imp Zoo Warlock Deck Strategy
During the early turns, you should use your cheap minions like Flame Imp, Flustered Librarian, and Wicked Shipment to quickly populate the board, taking value trades as necessary. This can swiftly be followed by Vile Library and Fiendish Circle.
When using Vile Library, you should consider when and which minions you use it on very carefully. Generally speaking, it is best to use it as soon as possible as it has a 2-turn cooldown period before it can be used again. However, if you have a Fiendish Circle in hand, for example, it can be worth waiting a turn as you will again an additional 4/4 in stats from its use. When choosing a target, as a rule of thumb you should target a minion that is able to attack in the same turn, effectively giving 'Charge' to the buff as it can be used immidiately. However, if you find yourself in a tough spot, do not hesitate to use it on a minion summoned in the same turn, especially a Voidwalker if you need to secure control of the board.
Throughout the game, you should look to take value trades into enemy minions while pushing as much remaining damage to face as possible to pressure your opponent. This method of keeping your minions alive will maximise the value of your Vile Library's and Shady Bartender's buffs for maximum value and burst damage. If your opponent is able to clear your board, you can make full use of Imp King Rafaam to repopulate your board as a last stand to close out the game.
Against Aggro you should heavily prioritise value trades to stay in control of the board as it is unlikely you opponent will have many comeback tools. Through aggressive board control you should be able to slowly chip away at your opponent's Health to close out the game.
Against Control you should prioritise attacking your opponent directly much more highly, only trading when absolutely necessary to protect high-attack minions like Flustered Librarian. Once your board reaches a modest strength, generally around 4 or 5 minions, you should replenish your cards if possible, making use of Impending Catastrophe and Life Tap to ensure you have enough minions to repopulate the board if your opponent is able to clear it.
Imp Zoo Warlock Deck Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Grimoire of Sacrifice for 2x Piggyback Imp.
- Against Control — Add 2x Irondeep Trogg for 2x Demonic Assault.
- 06 Aug. 2022: Guide converted to Imp Zoo Warlock for Murder at Castle Nathria expansion.
- 07 Aug. 2020: Deck list has been completely overhauled for the Scholomance Academy expansion.
- 07 Apr. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland expansion. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Crystallizer, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Grim Rally, 1x The Soularium, 1x SN1P-SN4P for 2x Expired Merchant, 2x Nightshade Matron, 2x Hand of Gul'dan, 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Darkglare
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland pre-patch. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 1x Sea Giant.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Imp Gang Boss for 2x Faceless Corruptor, 2x Scarab Egg.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Removed 2x Soulfire for 2x Imp Gang Boss.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been updated for the September play season. Removed 2x Serpent Egg, 1x Sea Giant, 1x Abusive Sergeant for 2x Diseased Vulture, 2x Crystallizer.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Dire Wolf Alpha, 2x Argent Squire, 1x Abusive Sergeant for 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Serpent Egg, 2x Neferset Thrasher, 2x EVIL Cable Rat
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Crystallizer for 1x SN1P-SN4P.
- 01 May 2019: Deck updated for the May play season. Removed 2x Doubling Imp, 2x Hench-Clan Hogsteed, 2x Eager Underling, 2x Hench-Clan Hag, 1x Spellbreaker for 2x Magic Carpet, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Argent Squire, 2x Abusive Sergeant, 1x Crystallizer.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck and guide have been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Soul Infusion, 2x Doubling Imp for 2x Spellbreaker, 2x Despicable Dreadlord.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Swapped the Spellbreaker and Leeroy Jenkins back for Doomguards.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Swapped the Doomguards for a Spellbreaker and a Leeroy Jenkins.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Updated for The Boomsday Project: added The Soularium, Soul Infusion, and Doubling Imp.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Deck added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast