Guardian Animals Druid Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Guardian Animals Druid in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Guardian Animals Druid is a variant of spell Druid that utilises a powerful Midrange Beast package as part of its toolkit. The Beasts can then be summoned with, which can be played early due to cards like and and further buffed with to overwhelm opponents very quickly.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Guardian Animals Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
Guardian Animals Druid is an archetype that relies on accelerating its Mana curve as quickly as possible. As a result, it is important to look for key cards likein your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — , , .
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No further cards required against Aggro.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required against Control.
Guardian Animals Druid Deck Strategy
When playing Guardian Animal Druid, your aim is to gain Mana as quickly as possible no matter the situation. This is largely done withand , both of which can be discounted with . However, if you fail to draw or Discover either of these ramp spells, you can alternatively use and from turn 4 onward to access your powerful high-Cost cards.
Ideally, you should look to playas soon as possible. This multifaceted card not only summons 2 minions from your deck, but will also allow you to draw cards via as well activating and cards in your hand for truly explosive turns.
Once you have a positon on board you can begin to bolster your position using a mix of, , and to build up a huge wall of minions and lock your opponent out of the game.
Should things not go to plan, you will also findin the deck for those desperate situations. The large spell base present in the deck makes it very easy to meet the card's 10-spell requirement and while the effect it has on the game may be unpredictable the results will largely be position, and sometimes game-winning. That being said, you should still avoid playing the card while you are ahead in the game due to the adverse effects the card can occasionally have.
Against Aggro, you should be more liberal with the use of your cards. In pacticular, you should be very willing to useand in their non-Corrupted states as you will not need, nor have the time to get, their full potential.
Against Control, you should try to get the maximum value out of your cards. In particular, you should try to ensure that yours are Corrupt and have been buffed by at least once before you play them. If they are not able to close out the game, you can play out to pressure your opponent with Carnival Clowns 2 more times.
Guardian Animals Druid Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x for 1x .
- Against Aggro — Add 2x for 2x .
The copies ofand are completely interchangeable in the deck at your discretion. Using two Lake Threashers will allow you to deal with wider boards a bit easier whereas Teacher's Pets provide a bit more resilience for your board.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion. Removed 1x Ysera, Unleashed, 1x Kael'thas Sunstrider, 2x Bogbeam, 2x Ironbark, 2x Crystal Power, 1x Overflow, 1x Speaker Gidra for 2x Carnival Clown 2x Strongman, 2x Animated Broomstick, 2x Wild Growth, 1x Y'Shaarj, the Defiler, 1x Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate,
- 10 Sep. 2020: Updated the card swap section to better reflect the current meta.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2021 Earnings Call
- Blizzard's Head of Global Human Resources is No Longer with the Company
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2021 Financial Results Press Release
- New Leadership at Blizzard
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- A Look at the Activision Blizzard Walkout Protest
- Activision Blizzard Employees' Response to Bobby Kotick's Statement
- Hearthstone 21.0 Patch Notes