Guardian Animals Druid Deck
This guide contains detailed Strategy, Mulligan, and deck-building information to help you play Guardian Animals Druid in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
Guardian Animals Druid is a variant of spell Druid that utilises a powerful Midrange Beast package as part of its toolkit. The Beasts can then be summoned with Guardian Animals, which can be played early due to cards like Overgrowth and Wild Growth and further buffed with Survival of the Fittest to overwhelm opponents very quickly.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Guardian Animals Druid Deck Mulligan Guide
Guardian Animals Druid is an archetype that relies on accelerating its Mana curve as quickly as possible. As a result, it is important to look for key cards like Overgrowth in your opening hand.
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Overgrowth, Nature Studies, Wild Growth.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — No further cards required against Aggro.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — No further cards required against Control.
Guardian Animals Druid Deck Strategy
When playing Guardian Animal Druid, your aim is to gain Mana as quickly as possible no matter the situation. This is largely done with Wild Growth and Overgrowth, both of which can be discounted with Nature Studies. However, if you fail to draw or Discover either of these ramp spells, you can alternatively use Lightning Bloom and Innervate from turn 4 onward to access your powerful high-Cost cards.
Ideally, you should look to play Guardian Animals as soon as possible. This multifaceted card not only summons 2 minions from your deck, but will also allow you to draw cards via Twilight Runner as well activating Strongman and Anubisath Defender cards in your hand for truly explosive turns.
Once you have a positon on board you can begin to bolster your position using a mix of Carnival Clown, Survival of the Fittest, and Y'Shaarj, the Defiler to build up a huge wall of minions and lock your opponent out of the game.
Should things not go to plan, you will also find Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate in the deck for those desperate situations. The large spell base present in the deck makes it very easy to meet the card's 10-spell requirement and while the effect it has on the game may be unpredictable the results will largely be position, and sometimes game-winning. That being said, you should still avoid playing the card while you are ahead in the game due to the adverse effects the card can occasionally have.
Against Aggro, you should be more liberal with the use of your cards. In pacticular, you should be very willing to use Strongman and Carnival Clown in their non-Corrupted states as you will not need, nor have the time to get, their full potential.
Against Control, you should try to get the maximum value out of your cards. In particular, you should try to ensure that your Carnival Clowns are Corrupt and have been buffed by Survival of the Fittest at least once before you play them. If they are not able to close out the game, you can play out Y'Shaarj, the Defiler to pressure your opponent with Carnival Clowns 2 more times.
Guardian Animals Druid Deck Card Swaps
- Against Control — Add 1x Overflow for 1x Teacher's Pet.
- Against Aggro — Add 2x Crystal Power for 2x Survival of the Fittest.
The copies of Lake Thresher and Teacher's Pet are completely interchangeable in the deck at your discretion. Using two Lake Threashers will allow you to deal with wider boards a bit easier whereas Teacher's Pets provide a bit more resilience for your board.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion. Removed 1x Ysera, Unleashed, 1x Kael'thas Sunstrider, 2x Bogbeam, 2x Ironbark, 2x Crystal Power, 1x Overflow, 1x Speaker Gidra for 2x Carnival Clown 2x Strongman, 2x Animated Broomstick, 2x Wild Growth, 1x Y'Shaarj, the Defiler, 1x Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate,
- 10 Sep. 2020: Updated the card swap section to better reflect the current meta.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players